Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

Re: Mindhunter, did anyone else watch "Lights Out" with Holt McCallany a few years ago? It came and went in a flash but was pretty decent while it lasted. It also had the guy who played Nick Sobatka.

So watching Mindhunter and there is a guy wearing an ADT shirt. I said to my wife that I was surprised that ADT was around in the 1970s. I went to wikipedia and found it's been around since 1874 and the guy who started it hooked up 50 homes in his neighborhood to a telegraph station after he found a burglar in his home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_ADT_Corporation

So watching Mindhunter and there is a guy wearing an ADT shirt. I said to my wife that I was surprised that ADT was around in the 1970s. I went to wikipedia and found it's been around since 1874 and the guy who started it hooked up 50 homes in his neighborhood to a telegraph station after he found a burglar in his home.

You know who that ADT guy is, don't you?

You know who that ADT guy is, don't you?

I know he's not good guy, but, no, not sure who he is yet. Waiting for Ted Bundy. Probably next season.

I don't know if they reveal it this season, I'm on episode 6. But Kansas and ADT told me who he is. Also, he looks right for the part.

I think I have lung cancer watching this show. I asked my wife if she remembered people smoking on airplanes (I do) and she said no. She'll be 40 in 2 weeks.

I don't know if they reveal it this season, I'm on episode 6. But Kansas and ADT told me who he is. Also, he looks right for the part.
So I had never even heard of him until a month or so ago. Then weirdly I start watching this show and he makes an appearance. I only happened to know who he was because I had read about him so recently.

I am not done with the season, so I don't know how far they get into his story line. But I really like how much they are slowplaying it so far. I also like it as a counterpoint to the investigative work. Sort of an origin story, instead of just seeing the killers after they are arrested.

OMG they're eating Show Biz pizza!
That’s so fucking weird. I was trying to think of the place that became Chuck E Cheese literally yesterday.
It will always be Showbiz to me.
I didn't know it was ever anything other than Chuck E. Cheese.
Yeah man. When I was a kid I would have my birthday parties there. Same games, ball pit and weird robot animals...just called Showbiz.

If you want to learn more about the animatronic band, the demise of Showbiz, and the origins of Chuck E. Cheese there's always this:

Love Snuffbox. Posted this here a while back and people enjoyed it.

I guess this paints a picture of the show as quite a bit more normal than it actually is.

Matt Berry is hilarious. Also love him in IT crowd and have been watching Toast of London on Netflix.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom