Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

I'm through two episodes of Godless and am enjoying it so far. My only complaint is how dark (literally) some of the scenes are which is more authentic for night shots of that time period, but it's sure as shit tough to see when I'm trying to watch stealthily on my iphone in a well-lit office.

Also, did they seriously just bring up Bald Knob, Arkansas? Got my first speeding ticket there at age 18.

I didn't notice that it's dark, but with all these British shows I watch everything else seems bright and sunny.
But, yeah, it's a good one.

I've had a bit to drink, but I thought that Fresh Prince skit on SNL was pretty funny.

Someone said Black Mirror was just okay and I was much more offended than by anything I saw on a Duke basketball court this year.

Gonna end up binge watching the entire season of "Manhunt: Unabomber" in one night.

My wife and I have been watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. We were just watching the Trevor Noah episode, and my wife asked, “What is Apartheid?” (Fucking seriously?) I answered, “Your dad would have loved it.”

Last edited:
My wife and I have been watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. We were just watching the Trevor Noah episode, and my wife asked, “What is Apartheid?” (Fucking seriously?) I answered, “Your dad would have loved it.”
I'm starting to think she outkicked her coverage.
I've been saying it for years.

Manhunt was good but but pretty annoyed with how much they changed or added. Really took away from it imo.

1st episode of Counterpart on Starz was good enough. It's JK Simmons playing two subtly different versions of the same character. Parallel universe concept.

The 2nd episode is delayed by 1-2 months after the 1st. I guess Starz understands no one watches the channel, so Counterpart needs to spread by word of mouth before anyone starts tuning in.

Started watching Altered Carbon. I think this is something most of you would enjoy. Lots of killing, some time travel, people wearing other people’s skin, etc.

I just met Aziz Ansari’s dad at the NC GI Society meeting in Pinehurst. Very nice and sooooo short.

Started watching Leftovers and pretty into it so far. I remember watching the first two episodes when it first came out and not being into it at all. Maybe because I was expecting something more Lost like or have just matured in my tastes, but so far so good even in season 1

The Assassination of Gianni Versace is quite good. Creepy as fuck.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace is quite good. Creepy as fuck.
That dude was wacko to the max. Wife and I are enjoying the show though.

Side note: what's up with Penelope Cruz's accent? is that how the sister really talks?

Started watching "Gomorrah" on Netflix. If you like mob series, it's been pretty interesting 3 episodes in. Only downside is it's in Italian so subtitles.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back