Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Boston Massacre 2022

Inveigle

All American
Remembering the Boston Massacre - HISTORY

Duke takes it's 2-2 ACC/5-3 Overall record to Boston College Friday November 4th in Chestnut Hill. Duke enters the contest coming off a bye week while BC fell to a UCONN 13-3 to take their record to 2-6 Overall and 1-4 in the ACC. Duke enters the game as only -3 point favorites.

Team Stats
i
i
Points Per Game34.417.3
Points Allowed Per Game22.128.8
Total Yards422.1309.5
Yards Passing217.0242.0
Yards Rushing205.167.5
Yards Allowed392.8367.3
Pass Yards Allowed262.9225.0
Rush Yards Allowed129.9142.3

It's not 1770, but BC has won just two games this year - over Maine and Louisville - and has dealt with numerous injuries. Starting quarterback Phil Jurkovec left the game against Connecticut midway through the third quarter with a lower body injury and did not return as a patchwork offensive line struggled to protect against the Huskies' pressure. Duke has nine sacks in the last two games, including six against Miami and three against North Carolina, and will present another level of defensive attack than the Eagles saw against UConn.

The game will be broadcast on ESPN2, kicking off at 7:00pm on Friday night.

After Duke's win over Miami last weekend, Elko said he was proud of the way his team fought back after going down to the Hurricanes in the second half.
“What an amazing statement of resiliency from this football team, this program and our coaching staff. Offensively, we knew yards were going to be tough to come by. We knew we just had to keep battling and we did. We fought and we scratched, and we scratched, and we fought, and at the end of the day you look up and we have 200-plus yards rushing. So, just a great opportunity for us to go out and really show people what this program is starting to become. I told the guys in the locker room, I’m incredibly proud of their fighting spirit and how they represent this program and this university.”

Prediction:

Duke 35
Boston College 13

How are we only three point favorites? That is surprising and concerning, as Vegas is right more than wrong.

Also, whose QB is named "Phil" in 2022. What dorks.

Bowling?

Backup will probably throw for 400 yards

Knowing nothing about the situation aside from the headline, I'm certain that this will net to a 15pt benefit to BC.

Backup was apparently awful last week and BC's OL makes Jim Bridge's units at Duke look competent.

I will be disgusted if we lose this.

That was more stressful than it needed to be, but we did enough to win. Bowl eligible. So happy for the seniors who stuck around for the awful end of the Cut era.

Will be our 7th bowl appearance in 11 years. Every senior class since 2009 has now made it to at least one.

I know the divisions are coming to an end, but I do wish Syracuse or BC had been in the Coastal instead of Pitt. We have pretty much owned both since they entered the ACC, while Pitt is 7-1 against us. Definitely would’ve banked a few more conference wins in the Cutcliffe era had they been flipped.

Pass defense was embarrassing. That shit has got to be cleaned up. Please for the love of god can we get DBs that turn their heads and make a play on the ball in the air?

Agree that the end result was terrible other than the fact that Duke got a W.
Elko getting us to a bowl in his first year is nothing short of miraculous.
We are a few plays from being in control of the coastal, and while it hasn’t been pretty I’m very happy about where we are.
VT should be a win, Pitt is a toss-up only because Narduzzi hates passing the ball, and we’ll get blown out by Wake.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom