Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

This Day In History

9/4/93

Jim Abbott pitches a no hitter.

A2Aet98.png

The 1st time I visited NYC was in May 2002. A store in lower Manhattan had a sign which read "due to the tragedy of September 11, everything must go"

@SeanMayTriedToEatMe where did that photo come from?

Here's a nice story about it: https://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/20...911-victims-with-free-muffins-for-30-minutes/

The families and friends of the 9/11 victims and first responders can rest easy knowing that their loved ones didn’t die in vain. If it wasn’t for those heinous terrorist attacks, regional reps at a pharmaceutical sales conference or furry convention or whatever else happens at the Mission Valley Marriott in San Diego wouldn’t get to enjoy some free muffins or coffee.

But only for a half-hour! This is a hotel chain, not a damn food bank.

It's so odd and so poorly conceived, like how would an idea like this ever make it to fruition? Why wouldn't everyone involved just explain how ridiculous it is to "honor" 9/11 victims with some free Otis Spunkmeyer--BUT ONLY FOR 30 MINUTES!

Can you imagine the people just cramming mini muffins down their throats under the gun of that time limit? Or better yet, did they restrict how many mini muffins someone could put on their little plastic plate? "Uh, it's free for 30 minutes, so you can only put a quantity of mini muffins than you can finish in 30 minutes."

Well I haven't stayed in a motel in a few years but last I remember, most of them gave me that shit for free anyhow.

Today is the 44th anniversary of the battle o the sexes. BJ King beat Bobby Riggs. I believe it was in the Astrodome. Many people don't know that Riggs was ranked #1 at one point in his tennis career. Won Wimbledon many years before.

Also the 25th anniversary of Brett Favre getting in to his first game. Taking over for an injured Don Majkowski back in 1992.

24 years ago today Nolan Ryan threw his last pitch. 97 mph fastball to Dave Magadan.

Babe Ruth called his shot 85 years ago today.

10/10/26

Babe Ruth gets thrown out trying to steal 2nd, down 1 with 2 outs in the 9th, ending the 1926 WS (Cardinals win). Bob Meusel was up with Lou Gehrig on deck. G.C. Alexander on the mound.

Forty years ago today, Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell album was released. Unbelievable. Even more unbelievable, he's not dead.

Went to a new restaurant in Durham last time and my son ordered the Meatloaf. It was half beef and half bacon and not half bad (I'm not a fan of meatloaf). He loved it.

It's the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther's 95 theses.

Now a days he would just post an extended thread of tweets

A few thoughts while i'm on the toilet

1\ When our Lord and Master Jesus Christ said..." (click to expand)

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back