Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Travel

physicsfactor said:
I'll be going to San Diego later in the year for a work conference. The conference will take place in the San Diego Convention Center. Registration for housing begins in a few days. Any recommendations for a particular hotel I should try to get? Obviously, I would prefer walking distance to the convention center. Also, recommendations for restaurants and evening activities would be appreciated.
Lucha Libre Tacos

Never personally been there, but my friend who went to UCSD highly recommends it for if/when I ever make it to SD. His dad's actually been one of the luchadores who's made appearances there. :lol:

I've been there and it's great

Also, Slater 50/50

Seconding the Gaslamp district in general. No other part of SD was ever recommended to me. Doesn't our deceased friend, bfactor, live in SD?

If you get out of SD, head to Ocean Beach and eat at Rancho's, it's really good Mexican.

Also, the Gaslamp is OK, but a lot of the places are just tourist traps. Speaking of, San Diego also has it's own Little Italy. And there's a Hard Rock right across from the convention center that has really nice showers, if you like showering.

rhfarmer said:
Rollins said:
puerto escondido was amazing.

oaxaca is the steez

Hell yeah, rollins. Was the surf pumping at Zicatela?

zicatela was closed the few afternoons i went over. i was taken back by how huge the waves were. definitely the biggest/most violent water i have ever seen.

i spent most of my afternoons on this quiet section of beach next to bochoco. not too far from the sea turtle preserve.

I have a pretty insane surfing tale from Zicatela which I will type up when I have a minute.

So I'm thinking of taking the wife on a trip for our 5th anniversary this year. Does anyone have experience booking flights + hotels together that would recommend a site or travel company? I'm trying to limit how much I pay in extra fees at booking because I like to use my money for fun things. Any suggestions out there?

Yeah the basic internet sites are your best bet for vacation packages. Orbitz, Expedia, etc. I've also heard the deals on LivingSocial and Groupon are good experiences, but have never gotten one myself.

Topher said:
So I'm thinking of taking the wife on a trip for our 5th anniversary this year. Does anyone have experience booking flights + hotels together that would recommend a site or travel company? I'm trying to limit how much I pay in extra fees at booking because I like to use my money for fun things. Any suggestions out there?
We did Ireland by booking the flights, hotels and rental car together. It worked out perfectly for us (although we did go out of the package for a bed and breakfast). I'll have to find the specific site, but it's only for European packages.

We also just booked an all-inclusive resort with flights through Hotels.com in Cancun. Not sure how great a deal we got, but for the same place, it was the cheapest we could find. But we were being picky on the resort.

Where are you guys trying to go?

I'm targeting either London or Italy, not exactly sure yet

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member