Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tre Jones

He's probably going to take a big jump in the scout.com rankings based on that. Evan Daniels is gushing him about this weekend.

DurhamSon said:

Probs could have had him locked up a year or two ago, but K wanted to suck up to the shithead dads of lesser point guards.

Idk, I'm finding it difficult to be too upset over how this recruitment has been handled. Unless I'm totally misremembering things on 247, after a poor AAU run Slater was basically insinuating that he was only being recruited as a HM kid because of his name. If there's any recruit they could've slow played it's Tre Jones.

Last edited by a moderator:
They offered him before the start of his junior season. I think we've done that less than a dozen times, at least as far as I can remember.

I'm not sure having any kid commit halfway through high school and then improve his play is a better situation than the one we're in with Jones.

Those players often seem to end up having regrets about not having taken visits, wondering what might have been, etc. We've seen that with a number of early commits around the country in the past 8 years or so. Rivers was one of those, to our benefit.

The Rivers situation came out to Florida's benefit and Duke's detriment, IMO. Good chance Beal and Rivers switch places in the alternate universe.

I am not sure that it made much difference. Do we think that Duke team goes further in the tournament without Rivers? Maybe. Beal's numbers weren't all that great in college. But even if we did, we weren't getting past UK or UNC anyway. But maybe there's no clique-ish divide between Beal and Dre/Curry like there was with Rivers and Dre/Curry. On the other hand, maybe Dre doesn't take a mandatory leave of absence in 2013 and we're a worse team that year as a result.

And does Duke beat UNC at the Dome without Rivers? Do we end up with one of the best moments in the history of the rivalry?

I guess the other thing is assessing each player's professional career as a recruiting tool. Beal obviously wins there. But Rivers isn't some embarrassment. And it's not like we're having any trouble landing elite recruits anyway.

Jones has shown impressive improvement over the last year and is due a major bump when the 2018 rankings are updated.

Scout #28 overall currently. I guess he moves up to 10-15.

The Greatest

Imagine a team with Tre Jones and Bol Bol.

Imagine if we had not fucked up with Green or Young. Though I guess having an OAD PG makes us more attractive to Jones.

rome8180 said:
Imagine if we had not fucked up with Green or Young. Though I guess having an OAD PG makes us more attractive to Jones.

We stopped recruiting Trae Young for some reason, slow played Tre Jones for awhile, stupidly offered Tre Waters and ended up with Tre Duval.

I really think there could have been a Tre-related mixup somewhere along the way.

Exactly the type of mistake a 70-year-old conservative white male with a history of nervous breakdowns would make. "Tr(a)e(y), what the hell kind kind of name is that? Isn't that a damn Spanish word or something?"

I would cling to it as a reasonable excuse for the fuckupery except for that pesky offer made to a "Matt". That seems to indicate he knew what he was doing, which means of course he had no idea what he was doing.

deeyoukayeee said:
Exactly the type of mistake a 70-year-old conservative white male with a history of nervous breakdowns would make. "Tr(a)e(y), what the hell kind kind of name is that? Isn't that a damn Spanish word or something?"

I would cling to it as a reasonable excuse for the fuckupery except for that pesky offer made to a "Matt". That seems to indicate he knew what he was doing, which means of course he had no idea what he was doing.

?????

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom