Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tre Jones

Topher said:
It's not exactly something you broadcast

He just said they had discussed it- unless he meant in private. I assumed he meant in public. What were his nervous breakdowns over? He had just won two national championships and was off of the greatest post-season run since Wooden.

We talked about Tre on the latest podcast and I'm completely sold on Jones. I think he's the most important recruit in the class right now.

I totally agree. His stat lines have been ridiculous in the last half a year or so. I think you could put a player like him on any Duke team and have it automatically be a true title contender.

I also think having a PG like him locked up will only help with other recruits from what looks to be a pretty loaded senior class.

Antwan Harris, who coached both Tre and Tyus (now a reserve point guard for the Timberwolves) at Howard Pulley, including Tre’s 17-and-under team this season, said he thought Tre has superior “court speed” and a quicker first step than Tyus did as a high schooler, whereas Tyus was a superior pick-and-roll operator with a better feel for how to pace himself during games. Tre is a better defender than Tyus was, according to Harris, while Tyus topped him as a scorer. Characterizing the differences between the brothers’ games as “subtle,” Harris noted that Tre plays with more “overall tenacity” than Tyus did, while Tyus was “more savvy in his mind.”

Though Tre’s still coming around as a perimeter shooter (he knocked down 24% of his 41 attempts with Howard Pulley in the EYBL this season), he can fly by defenders off the dribble and get to the basket with ease. “I think that they’re both tremendous passers, they both have ridiculous basketball IQs,” says Evan Daniels, an analyst for Scout and 247 Sports. “And you can tell that Tre has been able to take and steal a lot of stuff from Tyus and that they’ve really worked together.”

Jones described the idea of playing with Garland as appealing. “We both have talked about it,” Jones says. “And we’d both be fine with playing off-ball at times throughout the game because we’d be able to feed off each other.”

I don’t have a leader right now,” Jones said. “I’m just taking the process slow.” The biggest takeaway from the short session was that Tre is at least trying to make people believe he hasn’t made up his mind yet.

“I would be very surprised if [Jones] doesn’t choose Duke in the end,” says Andrew Slater, a national college basketball recruiting analyst for 247Sports.

Last edited:

Antwan Harris, who coached both Tre and Tyus (now a reserve point guard for the Timberwolves) at Howard Pulley, including Tre’s 17-and-under team this season, said he thought Tre has superior “court speed” and a quicker first step than Tyus did as a high schooler, whereas Tyus was a superior pick-and-roll operator with a better feel for how to pace himself during games. Tre is a better defender than Tyus was, according to Harris, while Tyus topped him as a scorer. Characterizing the differences between the brothers’ games as “subtle,” Harris noted that Tre plays with more “overall tenacity” than Tyus did, while Tyus was “more savvy in his mind.”

Though Tre’s still coming around as a perimeter shooter (he knocked down 24% of his 41 attempts with Howard Pulley in the EYBL this season), he can fly by defenders off the dribble and get to the basket with ease. “I think that they’re both tremendous passers, they both have ridiculous basketball IQs,” says Evan Daniels, an analyst for Scout and 247 Sports. “And you can tell that Tre has been able to take and steal a lot of stuff from Tyus and that they’ve really worked together.”

Jones described the idea of playing with Garland as appealing. “We both have talked about it,” Jones says. “And we’d both be fine with playing off-ball at times throughout the game because we’d be able to feed off each other.”

I don’t have a leader right now,” Jones said. “I’m just taking the process slow.” The biggest takeaway from the short session was that Tre is at least trying to make people believe he hasn’t made up his mind yet.

“I would be very surprised if [Jones] doesn’t choose Duke in the end,” says Andrew Slater, a national college basketball recruiting analyst for 247Sports.

24% 3pt shooting (albeit small sample size) is not too exciting, but all of those other characteristics have been sorely missing from Duke hoops in recent years.

^I hope that works out. I am not concerned about having a smaller backcourt if the two PGs complement one another with their skills

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom