Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

Trevon is holding this team hostage until his coaches and teammates pronounce his name correctly. Yet another reason why we should have pursued the more simply named Tre Young.

Nothing of note forced by him today. Granted it was against a weak team, but still encouraging.

He said TrOOvon the whole game, too. Like he never heard Phons get it right. I'm not sure I will ever be able to say DuvALE, though.

Above the Mendoza Line now. 21% from 3 on the season. He has the green light to take wide open 3s, so he must be doing fine in practice. I’d expect him to hit at least 30% of his remaining 3s this season, which is completely unreliable in high leverage situations but good enough at earlier points in each game to be helpful.

His conference-only 3pt% and FT% are in line with De’Aaron Fox now. His defense is not.

Last edited:
He was everywhere on D yesterday. By eye test on the season, I wouldn't even put him close to the top of worst defenders we have. Individual defensive numbers are always terrible on a team with bad overall defense.

It's hard to assign blame to Duval for being a bad defender. He is put in untenable situations by the scheme.

His positioning and effort are there, and he plays the passing lanes well.

Allen, on the other hand, has spent 4 years at Duke learning nothing.

It's hard to assign blame to Duval for being a bad defender. He is put in untenable situations by the scheme.

His positioning and effort are there, and he plays the passing lanes well.

Allen, on the other hand, has spent 4 years at Duke learning nothing.

My criticism of Tre is that he frequently gambles for a steal which puts him out of position. I don't question the effort.

I agree with the comment on Allen.

Why is he such an awful rebounder? With his athleticism, and length, he should be a good rebounder for a guard. Instead he's historically awful. His TRB% is the worst for a Duke player who averages minimum of 10 min/gm since JJ Redick in 2006. Yes, that means he rebounds worse than Greg Paulus, Tyler Thornton, Quinn Cook, Seth Curry, Matt Jones and Tyus Jones.

Surely rebounding is about effort, right?

Why is he such an awful rebounder? With his athleticism, and length, he should be a good rebounder for a guard. Instead he's historically awful. His TRB% is the worst for a Duke player who averages minimum of 10 min/gm since JJ Redick in 2006. Yes, that means he rebounds worse than Greg Paulus, Tyler Thornton, Quinn Cook, Seth Curry, Matt Jones and Tyus Jones.

Surely rebounding is about effort, right?

I'm likely to get ripped for this, but I think the effectiveness of Bagley, Carter & Trent on the boards is probably creating fewer opportunities for Duval and Allen to rebound from their spots.

Edit: I re-read my post and changed "actually" to "probably" to correct my initial mistake.

Last edited:
Yes playing with other great rebounders will affect one’s stats, Allen for example is rebounding about 25% less than last year.

But even accounting for that he’d still be a bad rebounder, just not historically awful. Which is not what you’d expect from someone with his physical gifts.

His DR% really is too low, though. Hard to tell if that's actually a problem. Synergy would have something like % of rebounds grabbed when the ball is within 3 feet of him, and if that's also low, he's just a bad/lazy rebounder. He may be the only one trying on defense, so he's not just standing around watching the ball.

To me, that's sort of like saying Matt Jones's FT rate was too low on the 2015 team. Who gives a shit?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back