Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

"I would say become more efficient. Work on my shot percentage. Work on my turnovers. Keep my assist-to-turnover ratio good."

Trevon's passing, finishing, handles, speed, and athleticism are insane. If only he could shoot, he'd be the #1 draft pick.

Last edited:
Trevon's passing, finishing, handles, speed, and athleticism are insane. If only he could shoot, he'd be the #1 draft pick.

This still holds true.

I am ok if he can't shoot, but he needs to make up for it by being at least an average offensive IQ player. If he is a moron on offense like Thornton it's not going to be fun to watch. Fox, Wall and Rose couldn't shoot at all in college but were electric. Coach K needs to play faster with this team.

No way imo
I mean, those numbers are a little less than De'Aaron Fox last year. I get the whole thing about playing fast and whatnot. But I don't see any reason to suggest the SI projections are outlandish. Tricky Tre was the number 1 point in America for a reason.

Yeah, hard to take stock in any of these numbers. I mean we've averaged between 35-37 rebounds as a team for the past 4 years, the most was 39 in 2010. According to this, our 4 freshman will account for almost 30, Grayson is probably good for around 4, so that leaves 2-3 for Bolden/DeLaurier and no scraps for others?

Then again, never doubt the brick hands of Bolden

I think those projections are reasonable, but there is potentially a lot of variance in usage and rating. They are strongly correlated, so if one is off, the other should be off as well. If Duval is called on for 24% usage instead of 20%, which may make sense if he and Allen are the only guards who can dribble, then 118 usage would be amazing, probably unrealistically amazing. If Duval is somehow the only smart freshman from day one that we've had recently besides Kyrie and Tyus, then maybe he's at 16% usage, focusing on breaking down the defense and lobbing it up for our bigs. In that case, 118 rating would be disappointing. Duval is as much an unknown as we've ever had, given his importance, so any projections are basically going to be the weighted average of a ton of wildly disparate simulated outcomes.

Yeah, hard to take stock in any of these numbers. I mean we've averaged between 35-37 rebounds as a team for the past 4 years, the most was 39 in 2010. According to this, our 4 freshman will account for almost 30, Grayson is probably good for around 4, so that leaves 2-3 for Bolden/DeLaurier and no scraps for others?

Then again, never doubt the brick hands of Bolden
To be fair, I highly doubt others play much. I think we're staring at a 7-man rotation with absolutely zero guard depth, which does scare me.

yeah but my elementary math still leaves you with 2-3 rebounds per game for Bolden and DeLaurier. Just seems very low. Bolden was terrible last year and had 1.1 RPG. He's presumably better and will get more minutes.

My general guess is that in a vacuum these projections are ok, but are probably of lower quality and inflated when you have a bunch of freshman on one team taking up the bulk of minutes and not much to counter against that represents true averages due to limited minutes/games (in Bolden and Javin).

Neither does shooting a horrible percentage from three. I do think his assists will be higher than projected though.

I'll sound like a broken record and say Carter's scoring should be projected higher and Duval's lower.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom