Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2017-2018

I haven't watched UNC this season, so I'm not sure how Maye is getting his shots. Is he posting or driving at all, or is he getting open jumpers which we know he can knock down? His rebounding and block rates are surprising and impressive. His usage is crazy, too, for such a marginally talented guy. We'll see how things go when competition ramps up, but if he doesn't fall off significantly, he's a 1st team All-ACC candidate.

Hopefully 3 months from now we will all look back at this post and laugh.

He reminds a little of Tom Sheehey, a notorious UVa villain.from the mid '80's.

That was Dan Meagher’s BFF right?

If you know of Meagher, you’re either as old as me and farmer or you’re torontoduke.
Meagher was an actual tough guy, with a head of hair that was the envy of Barry Melrose himself.

I remember Meagher. That makes me old.

B_VXXsoXEAAzF6W.jpg

He was on that Canadian National Team that finished 4th in the 1984 Olympics in LA.

Haboubacar Mutombo plays for Western Carolina. That is a great name. He is the nephew of Dikembe.

If you know of Meagher, you’re either as old as me and farmer or you’re torontoduke.
Meagher was an actual tough guy, with a head of hair that was the envy of Barry Melrose himself.

B_VXXsoXEAAzF6W.jpg

He was on that Canadian National Team that finished 4th in the 1984 Olympics in LA.

We benefited from the Soviet boycott to achieve the 4th place finish.

There was a guy on that team named Eli Pasquale who was an incredible outside shooter. Best we've ever had other than Steve Nash. Always wondered why Eli didn't make the NBA.

Cam Johnson is supposed to be playing one of these games. Wonder if it’s today

haha Meagher was a hockey player without the ice. This team could sorely use a Meagher or Winslow or Dennard to get all the dirty work done.

Last edited:

B_VXXsoXEAAzF6W.jpg

That was a high tempo offensive team. Alarie and Henderson were incredibly mobile and skilled. Dawkins = explosive and never got tired. A human pogo stick.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom