Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2017-2018

Same as Justin Jackson last season. Of course I'd like to see him gone since he's easily the most important player to UNC next season, but if there were ever a case where it made more sense for someone to go back and then leave after their sophomore year (this rarely helps anyone), this would be it. Roy will get a great season out of him. He's not even looking at grad transfers in the frontcourt, and I doubt he's willing to go with a Maye/Manley/Huffman/Brooks rotation for 80 minutes a game all season.

Frank Jackson seems far more likely to go than Bradley. I am not sure why there would be any market value for Bradley. He's a two inch shorter Tyler Zeller.

I don't see any of them getting a first round guarantee besides possibly Bradley (and even that I feel is unlikely).

Over the last couple of weekends, I've seen entirely too many comments like this

This is a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's just one player, and while he's good he's not a star. Out of 5 current commitments in their 2017 class, only 2 can be good players- Brooks and Felton. In the next class, Leaky Black is very underwhelming, although he's getting great HS coaching so we will see. Coby White is good. I don't know enough about their 2018 recruiting, but it appears like their only other 'big' target they are in for right now is Jarius Hamilton. He's a solid player, good size, but I think he has more of a chance to be used like Pinson/Tokoto than Justin Jackson.

UNC's recruiting sucks big- time right now. Even if they sign Hamilton, what is that? At best, 50% of their commits being worth anything in back to back classes?

“We’re very fortunate,” Williams said. “We’ve got a lot of our former players in coaching so it’s a pretty good coaching tree. So we’re going to have some good choices, I just hope that’s about 10 or 12 years from now.”

Not "successfully coaching" but you can't have everything.

Smokescreen to drum up more excitement at UNC for when he announces his return.

The absolutely dominant UNC dynasty seems to be ending. We'll see what the best modern day Xs and Os coach in Roy Williams can do with a Bradley-less roster. Could be in the running for Coach of the Year if he pilots that team to yet another tremendous season.

So he has easily his worst big man rotation ever and their ACC schedule is harder than ours this year. I don't predict disaster for them -- they've got some pretty good guards and depth in the backcourt. But I don't predict it will be pretty either.

I really see Roy slowing the tempo, spreading the floor with his snipers and going ultra small, think Pinson spends some time at the 5, a la Singler.

UNC will be a 6-7 seed next season. 2018-2019 is the year to watch out for- if they keep adding quantity in 2018 instead of quality, I think they will miss the tournament in 18-19. Their 2018 class just has that one player, I think his name is Coby White. He's solid- not elite, but he's good. Roy needs to get a couple more guys that can contribute right away for that class, they don't have to be elite like a Winslow or Jones, but if they could just get a couple of guys like Marshall and Bullock quality it would help them out a lot. They have the numbers, they don't need to take on any more 'projects' or scholarship stuffers.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back