Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2017-2018

So it sounds like this kid is going to announce for UNC tonight. RIP the UNC fanbases' crusade against Duke b/c of winning recruitments against dirty schools, obviously proving "dook is dirty", Sep 25 2017 - Oct 3 2017.

I don't know anything about him. Is a a multiyear player who thinks he's OAD good? Is he OAD good type who will play 3+ years at UNC? Is he a defensive non-shooter, or shooting no-defense player? Will he prevent those 2* bigs from their last class from having to play real minutes?

My read on this is if he's a typical raw-skilled, physical potential type dead set on being OAD, this is better for us than if they recruit some low 5* 3-4 year guy, but bad for us if he's not dead set on leaving. Roy doesn't get anything out of freshman wings, but he'd turn him into a pain in the ass by year 3.

Last edited:
Also he won't have Berry or Pinson to prop him up from the backcourt; just Felton/Robinson/Woods, and we don't even know if any of them will be good, so I do think discontinuity, if Roy is going down that path by landing OADs, would finally be in play over there. Not that we've had trouble beating them but instead of our OAD vs their experience, it would be our top 1-10 OADs versus their top 10-20 OADs, which I have to think would tilt things in our favor.

So it sounds like this kid is going to announce for UNC tonight. RIP the UNC fanbases' crusade against Duke b/c of winning recruitments against dirty schools, obviously proving "dook is dirty", Sep 25 2017 - Oct 3 2017.

I don't know anything about him. Is a a multiyear player who thinks he's OAD good? Is he OAD good type who will play 3+ years at UNC? Is he a defensive non-shooter, or shooting no-defense player? Will he prevent those 2* bigs from their last class from having to play real minutes?

My read on this is if he's a typical raw-skilled, physical potential type dead set on being OAD, this is better for us than if they recruit some low 5* 3-4 year guy, but bad for us if he's not dead set on leaving. Roy doesn't get anything out of freshman wings, but he'd turn him into a pain in the ass by year 3.

From what I have read - he is intent on being OAD

From what I have read - he is intent on being OAD

Worst case scenario is that in addition to the typical struggles freshman OADs have in general, Roy's poor track record with utilizing wing players compounds the struggles enough to kill his year one draft stock, though. That's the real fear here.

However it serves us if he is truly intent no matter what, because then during one year at UNC he becomes about as little impact a player as possible, somewhere in the range of Desmond Hubert (low end) to Deon Thompson (high end)

He will not be OAD at UNC. I know Bradley bucked that trend, but it just doesn't happen there.

Who is announcing for them tonight?

So after this year UNC is looking at:

Woods 6'1 jr
Felton 6'3 so
Johnson 6'8 sr
Maye 6'8 sr
Brooks 6'9 so
Bench
White 6'3 fr
Black 6'7 fr
Little 6'8 fr
Huffman 6'9 so
Shittu 6'9 fr

That's actually not a bad roster. Definitely not a contender. He could start White but I think Woods will make a decent leap and Roy always plays the old dudes. A Woods/Felton backcourt should give Roy the speed he needs to run transition. Johnson will probably be their leading scorer around 15ppg and somehow Maye will put up 20 and 10 against us. I know very little about Brooks but I'm sure him and Huffman(and Shit if they get him) will give Roy solid production. That team won't be a contender but the following year White/Felton/Little/Shit/Brooks probably could be.

Woods<Jones
Felton>O'Connell
Johnson<Barrett
Maye<Reddish
Brooks<DeL

UNC getting Shittu and Little after a national title.

Things have gone horribly wrong the last year+.

There is no justice or karma or anything in this world. Just absurdity. Time to read some Kafka.

UNC has figured out a loophole around their poor recruiting. Just recruit players no one else will touch. They'll be so desperate to commit somewhere that they're bound to pick you.

UNC has figured out a loophole around their poor recruiting. Just recruit players no one else will touch. They'll be so desperate to commit somewhere that they're bound to pick you.

It's a pretty good strategy when you know Nike will protect you

I doubt UNC paid him, given the circumstances. Wouldn't need to. Their biggest risk is that he already took money and it's provable. His AAU coach was arrested, after all. But merely being offered money (by Miami and Arizona, supposedly) is not a violation.

Meanwhile, UNC coach Roy Williams was SHOCKED to hear of the FBI basketball related arrests. He's never heard of such a thing.

https://sports.yahoo.com/roy-willia...e-basketballs-seedy-underworld-190415866.html

And North Carolina coach Roy Williams told ESPN the scandal “was just a shock to me.”

“They’ve never helped me get any player, never insinuated, never done anything,” Williams said of his relationship with Nike. Williams built a Hall of Fame career coaching at Nike schools Kansas (1988-2003) and UNC (2003-present). “We never even discuss things like that. So I know it’s foreign to me.”

But then lying, lowlife criminal Myron Piggie says

As for Williams, Piggie said if he doesn’t know now, it’s because he forgot.

“Well, that’s [expletive],” Piggie told Yahoo Sports. “I mean, come on. Come on. You know Roy knew. He was in the mix. He knew what was going on. Roy’s got amnesia.”

“Roy knew what was happening,” Piggie said. “In 1997, 1998, 1999, he knew what was happening because he was in the middle of it. These college coaches … come on.”

I'll put my faith and trust in the wholesome goodness that is Coach Roy Williams.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom