Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weather Thread

ice is falling from the sky in Dare county right now. It's fucking disgusting outside. You bastards who get snow are so fucking lucky. It's going to be a sheet of ice here.

Measured 7.5" on our picnic table near downtown Durham. Still coming down. There's a tree slumping on the power lines outside my house so things aren't looking good for tonight.

There are two slumping toward my house. Going to be a fun night!
My first big snowstorm in my house resulted in a 50-60’ oak tree falling towards my house at 3am. Got really lucky in that it only really scraped the house and took out a gutter. I’m praying the larger tree next to it doesn’t follow suit.

Gotta a fucking foot in northern Durham county. I can't take much more than this. I'm marooned.

I could probably drive to aiw’s place in about an hour.
We got 1 lousy fucking inch.

Most snow I've ever seen on the Outer Banks. I can't open my storm door due to the pile.

Luckily no trees have fallen on my house yet. However, my power went out again at 10pm last night, and is still out. Got a text from Duke Energy saying estimated time to have it back on is 11:45pm. Also I don't have any beer. Fuck.

Yikes. Mine was out for 2 hours during the day and then 2 hours again from 11 to 1 am, but back on since. Have Krs come to get you.

My neighborhood won’t stop emailing the listserv to say where they do or don’t have power or internet. I don’t give a flying fuck.

I care about you guys though. I hope you always have power and internet.

Woke up to the snowfall after sleeping in thanks to the schools calling it on Tuesday night. Last measurement I took last night around midnight showed just under 10.5" in my back yard.

Thank Christ there's a decent slope for the kids to sled across the street from our house, because while I have shoveled snow before, I have honestly never had to shovel the cars out of snow before. Wasn't a lot, but still a first to have snow covering part of the tires. This afternoon was spent clearing the driveway with the blower and my garden shovel. One of these summers, I'll actually remember to buy the snow shovel I always think about getting to prep for the next winter.

My last flight of the day from Charlotte to RDU was cancelled and rental cars were twice as expensive as getting a hotel for the night. Very dumb situation but also very thankful that I was able to book a flight tomorrow morning. Flight segments towards maintaining airline status and hilton honors points are the most valuable things in my life.

Blizzard warning starting from 3 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday. Weird thing is they're only expecting 3 to 6 inches of snow but I guess the wind is going to have gusts of up to 40 mph. It's been raining off and on all day too so it's going to be a mess once the snow actually hits. Glad I got the next two days off from work.

It was like 60 degrees 2 days ago. Now had snow yesterday, today, likely some tomorrow and for sure Saturday. Ready for spring.

Third day in a row of 70's here. Robins are back, geese are heading north, mosquitos are biting.

Pure ice on the streets today. Was not a fun drive to work, saw several accidents. Need spring to get here already.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back