Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Welcome To Wallace Wade Tar Heels

Inveigle

All American
USATSI_19158345.jpg

Game Info if you can't go-
How to Watch North Carolina vs. Duke Live?
  • Game Day: Saturday, October 15, 2022
  • Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
  • TV Channel: ACC Network
  • Stadium: Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium
The Victory Bell is on the line when the North Carolina Tar Heels (5-1) and the Duke Blue Devils (4-2) take the field.

North Carolina
North Carolina has the seventh-best offense this season in terms of total yards (501.0 yards per game), but rank ninth-worst defensively (465.3 yards allowed per game). North Carolina has the ninth-best offense this season in terms of points scored (42.3 points per game), but ranks 24th-worst defensively (32.0 points allowed per game). North Carolina owns the 14th-best offense this season in terms of passing yards (317.8 passing yards per game), but ranks ninth-worst on the defensive side of the ball (297.5 passing yards allowed per game). North Carolina is totaling 183.2 rushing yards per game on offense (43rd in the FBS), and ranks 96th on the other side of the ball with 167.8 rushing yards allowed per game. On the offensive side of the ball, North Carolina has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 14th-best in the FBS by putting up a 50.0% third-down percentage. Their defense ranks 95th, and on defense (42.5% third-down percentage allowed). With seven forced turnovers (75th in the FBS) against seven turnovers committed (52nd in the FBS), North Carolina (0) owns the 100th-ranked turnover margin in college football.

Duke
In terms of total yards, Duke ranks 61st in the FBS (416.5 total yards per game) and 72nd on the other side of the ball (379.8 total yards allowed per contest). Duke is generating 32.5 points per contest on offense this season (54th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 19.7 points per contest (33rd-ranked) on defense. In terms of passing, Duke ranks 88th in the FBS (225.8 passing yards per game) and 83rd on the other side of the ball (240.7 passing yards allowed per contest). Duke ranks 35th in the FBS with 190.7 rushing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 63rd with 139.2 rushing yards given up per contest on defense. Duke has been struggling on third down, ranking 20th-worst with a 44.0% third-down conversion rate allowed per game. It has been better on the other side of the ball, posting a 40.5% third-down rate (60th-ranked). Duke has excelled in terms of turnovers, as its turnover margin of +7 ranks eighth-best in the FBS, with 10 forced turnovers (30th in the nation) and three turnovers committed (sixth in the nation).

Players to Watch
North Carolina
  • As part of the Tar Heels’ defensive unit, Power Echols has collected 40 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks in six games.
  • As part of the Tar Heels’ defensive unit, Cedric Gray has amassed 1.0 TFL, 37 tackles, and two interceptions in six games.
  • As part of the Tar Heels’ defense, Noah Taylor has amassed 14 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 3.5 sacks in six games.
  • DeAndre Boykins, as part of the Tar Heels’ defensive unit, has recorded 1.0 sack to go with 2.0 TFL, 17 tackles, and one interception in six games.
Blue Devils
  • As a playmaker on defense, the Blue Devils’ Junior DeWayne Carter has amassed 13 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks in six games.
  • Jaylen Stinson has compiled 18 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack in six games for the Blue Devils.
  • The Blue Devils’ Brandon Johnson has posted one interception to go with nine tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended in six games.
  • With nine tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks in six games, Senior Ja’Mion Franklin has been doing his part on defense for the Blue Devils.
Prediction: This game will be up and down the field. The Blue Devils will need to spring out of the gate scoring early and often if they want to win this game. Duke is a +7 Home Dog. I believe they cover, but Carolina wins the game.

UNC 35
Duke 31

Just makes me preemptively sad for the players when the run out the tunnel, hopes high, to a chorus of boos from a light blue crowd. Must be so deflating. ☹️

Hopefully they'll at least get a great student turnout, though. I generally don't ever blame students for not showing up to afternoon snoozers in an empty stadium, but an excuse to drink all afternoon and go yell at your rivals on Saturday night seems more compelling.

Just makes me preemptively sad for the players when the run out the tunnel, hopes high, to a chorus of boos from a light blue crowd. Must be so deflating. ☹

Hopefully they'll at least get a great student turnout, though. I generally don't ever blame students for not showing up to afternoon snoozers in an empty stadium, but an excuse to drink all afternoon and go yell at your rivals on Saturday night seems more compelling.

This is why it takes a special kind of football coach to be at Duke and create an atmosphere/program/culture. I believe Elko can do it. It can be done. We shall see what happens tomorrow night. But I think the program is moving in the right direction again.

I feel like we had pretty favorably Duke crowds for the UNC game from 2012-2018, and won 3/4.

The late stage Cut collapse and COVID definitely did a number on our attendance, though. It was the worst of all time last year, and hasn’t been very good this year either.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom