Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

I say "worried," but I am not that worried overall. Diallo would be a great option as well.

In the FIBA games, Jeter looked decent but not overly impressive. Of course, he was also the youngest player there. He looked good in the first two games, but as the competition stepped up he didn't really produce. He seemed to have good post footwork but not a high rate of success. That could just be a lack of strength, though. I also felt like he tried to score through traffic/double teams too much, which is easily correctible.

Pantone287 said:
Diallo also just seems like the perfect attitude/personality to mesh with K's style. That sort of manic intensity usually thrives at Duke.

Jaylen Brown looks scary. Like a longer/more agile Stanley Johnson.

Well apparently even they noticed a slight resemblance. Check out :10- :21. Like separated identical twins finally meeting for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good points. As long as he has the moves to get his shot up, that is encouraging at this point. The strength and subsequent improved finishing ability will come with time.

I like what I have been reading about Jeter.

rome8180 said:
I say "worried," but I am not that worried overall. Diallo would be a great option as well.

In the FIBA games, Jeter looked decent but not overly impressive. Of course, he was also the youngest player there. He looked good in the first two games, but as the competition stepped up he didn't really produce. He seemed to have good post footwork but not a high rate of success. That could just be a lack of strength, though. I also felt like he tried to score through traffic/double teams too much, which is easily correctible.

rome8180 said:
You mean "public," right?

I do like that he's sticking to the summer schedule. That seems good for us. Sure we heard June or something a while ago, but I was worried when I heard he was pushing it back to the start of basketball season.

Yeah that's what I was talking about. Adam Rowe mentioned like a month ago that the delay in Chase's announcement was Adidas wanting to time it with one of their events. At that point, Rowe was pretty darn confident.

No more worries about Matt Ryan taking up that Thon Maker scholarship if he reclassifies.

Scott Phillips @phillipshoops 1h
Chase Jeter was fantastic in a matchup with Carlton Bragg. Counter moves, ran the floor & defended. Duke had all three staff members present

So losing Ben Simmons to LSU seems like... ummmm... a fucking catastrophe.

Apparently he is just far and away the best player in the nation.

I forget who said it, probably Andrew Slater, but Simmons went to LSU because they were willing to take his friend 2014 PG Jalyn Patterson. Not sure there was anything Duke could have done.

There was also a strong family connection.

I don't see that it's a catastrophe seeing that we're just fine at the 4 and 5 positions.

Is K willing to lower his standards to take Seventh Woods (Scout #6 SG) if it means getting the 3 others? This would be the ultimate dude package.

We're in it for Ivan Rabb - Scout #3 overall 2015, #2 PF 2015 behind Ben Simmons.

2015 class is shaping up to be

PF Ivan Rabb (3 overall)
SF Jaylen Brown (4)
C Cheick Diallo (5)
C Chase Jeter (9)
SG Luke Kennard (19)

rome8180 said:
Brandon Ingram visiting Duke Aug 7th-9th.
Some folks on TDD are insinuating Duke will get a commitment that weekend. Wonder if they actually know anything or are completely guessing.

Would be a nice foot in the door for Giles/Smith, no?

White.

Also, had to double check that he is a basketball player and not a football player. Felt good.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

White.

Also, had to double check that he is a basketball player and not a football player. Felt good.

Looks good (for a white boy):

Jaylen Brown looks really damn good. Maker rebounding and affecting shots, not much on O though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom