Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

Duke could move back up to its preseason Kenpom ranking, both overall and on the defensive end, with two great performances.

Probably can't overtake Wisconsin on offense. Would have to drop like 200 points on UK.

I get the feeling ESPN/Disney is going to buy out Kenpom.com and all of Pomeroy's data/algorithms soon. ESPN has started to use raw points per possession on air a lot recently, and you can tell it kills guys like Bilas and Battier when they have to refer to the raw numbers without acknowledging that teams play different schedule strengths. They can't refer to "adjusted" numbers because they would have to acknowledge them as Kenpom's numbers or use BPI, which everyone thinks is worthless because it goes too many steps into adjustment, to the point where casual fans have developed an aversion to it as contrived garbage. They already pay Pomeroy for his writing. I wonder if they made offers to him for his data before but he held out for more money, and that's how BPI happened.

I've heard Bilas and others drop a few references to Kenpom in the past.

Even Vitale has at least started to get on the ppp bandwagon. As you say, raw points per possession is not exactly a sophisticated stat but it's something I didn't even hear a few years back. It was all bullshit like PPG.

Our pyth. score would've been comfortably ahead of anyone else last year. This is a good year for college basketball, at least for the teams at the top.

PpsFbmD.png

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahah

aiw said:
PpsFbmD.png

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahah

Goddamn this is amazing. He will go crazy when he sees that we've moved up to #12!

This is what happens when you objectively discuss sports using statistics.

Last edited by a moderator:
KYWins9 has a point.

But seriously, would be pretty funny if this tournament leads to a lot of interest in 3 point denial. The Tony Bennett era may have ended before it began.

If this happens against Duke, it will be very bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only homer thing I can think of right now is that Wiscy just played three straight teams that "struggled" with long range shooting all year

They played two great games in a row. We have to hope they are due for a bad performance. K should be analyzing Rutgers game tape tonight.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
They played two great games in a row. We have to hope they are due for a bad performance. K should be analyzing Rutgers game tape tonight.

Hopefully they used it all up tonight.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom