Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Based on his EYBL season numbers, I assume Sexton is either an inveterate chucker or his team simply has zero other scoring options. I could look at his FIBA numbers for comparison but I have to keep checking the RNC to see if fisticuffs have broken out yet.

I had to stop watching the game earlier. Catching up now. I am enjoying the Spanish refresher course, plus I'm learning a ton of new basketball-specific words. If a Spanish-language Duke channel existed, I'd subscribe.

Porter is very clearly going to be the best freshman in that class, IMHO, unless the coach gives him the green light to take all kinds of awful shots. Would likely be a 25% usage 130 rating guy at Duke.

Shaka clearly prefers Young over Green. Granted he's recruiting Young and not Green (as far as I can tell).

Best players in this game were: Porter, Fultz, Allen, and Bamba.

Sexton looks soooooo good, but also such a ballhog.

If we could insert him in Trent's place without consequence, I'd be all for it. He's the ideal college 2 to me.

Bamba has looked pretty pedestrian going back to the last two rounds of the Peach Jam.

So Collin Sexton joined up with Wendell Carter on team CP3 and subsequently said this:
“Wendell is always encouraging, never one to get down on teammates, always wants to uplift,” he said.
http://usatodayhss.com/2016/collin-...-lead-team-cp3-to-title-at-the-8-in-las-vegas

Yeah, I'd say it's time to offer this kid.

I actually don't have a problem with Quade Cook but if the coaching staff thinks that we'd have a legitimate chance at landing Sexton if we prioritize him - then K should pull the trigger and not look back. Quinn Green is likely a better fit from a team chemistry perspective, in addition to being exponentially more unselfish on the court, but I'd still take my chances with the explosive potential NBA 1st round draft pick.

This seems like the Kabongo/Cook argument redux. You can argue that Sexton is closer to Kyrie Irving level. That seems unlikely. Still, who do you take? Irving or Cook? I can see a strong argument either way. One factor to take into account is PGs suck in '18.

Duke has room for both Sexton and Green, especially if they can be convinced Frank Jackson is one and done (not unrealistic) or if they can be convinced K will play small (likely).

PG Collin Sexton (24 min), Quade Green (16)
SG Frank Jackson (32), Gary Trent (8)
SF Kevin Knox (8), Luke Kennard (32)
PF Mohamed Bamba (16), Knox (24)
C Wendell Carter (28), Bamba (12)

DNP - Chase Jeter, Javin DeLaurier, Deng Gak, Antonio Vrankovic, Jack White (Sean Obi pulled off athletic scholarship)

The following season, Green would start and get huge minutes, with Kennard as the only other good PG option (I assume both Sexton and Jackson will be gone). Really, we need two point guards in this class, especially if one of them (Sexton) is a clear one and done.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Duke has room for both Sexton and Green, especially if they can be convinced Frank Jackson is one and done (not unrealistic) or if they can be convinced K will play small (likely).

PG Collin Sexton (24 min), Quade Green (16)
SG Frank Jackson (32), Gary Trent (8)
SF Kevin Knox (8), Luke Kennard (32)
PF Mohamed Bamba (16), Knox (24)
C Wendell Carter (28), Bamba (12)

DNP - Chase Jeter, Javin DeLaurier, Deng Gak, Antonio Vrankovic, Sean Obi

The following season, Green would start and get huge minutes, with Kennard as the only other good PG option (I assume both Sexton and Jackson will be gone). Really, we need two point guards in this class, especially if one of them (Sexton) is a clear one and done.

I'm in the get-both camp. Green is strictly a 1, Sexton I see more as a 2/1. Sexton is a scoring machine, Green is an assist machine. Surely the greatest living basketball coach can make that work.

In the awful 2018 recruiting class, it seems reasonable to only target 3 players: the transcendent Romeo Langford, fellow one and done Cameron Reddish and, as a charity case/thank you to the family, Tre Jones.

It would leave Duke with this rotation that season:

PG Quade Green (32), Luke Kennard (8)
SG Kennard (24), Gary Trent (16)
SF Romeo Langford (32), Cameron Reddish (8)
PF Reddish (24), Javin DeLaurier (16)
C Chase Jeter (28), Antonio Vrankovic or Deng Gak (12)

DNP - Tre Jones, Jack White, Gak or Vrankovic

Not sure it's reasonable to have Trent playing that few minutes in back to back seasons. It may be justified, but I don't see it happening. If he plays 8 mpg as a freshman, he's probably not here as a sophomore at all.

Even more reason to get both Sexton and Green - Trent won't be happy with his justified playing time, and his buddy Carter will be gone after one season, so Trent is likely to be either one and done or prima donna and done.

Pretty sure Hardened Dickslapper is more a Kentucky kid than a Duke kid (i.e., Uncle Tom conformist).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's clear he is good but he looks so slow...even up against really slow, nonathletic white kids.

I could pretend I'm posting this to share the numbers some of our recruits put up. But the real reason? Retched Rechon Black.

CoqlOLQVYAEB0mf.jpg:large

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom