Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Harry Giles III

cantpedal said:

Tweets can be embedded using the "tweet" bbcode and the url for the specific tweet.

Last edited:
So he transferred from oak hill to some academy Kernersville?

No reason for him to put up with the academic rigors of Oak Hill if he isn't also playing basketball.

Speaking of Duke players being back, Harry Giles is apparently having a monster season at Oak Hill.

One thing for certain, Jefferson, who plays the PF position has got to be thinking about a Duke recruiting class that features the No. 1 PF in high school, Oak Hill Academy's, Harry Giles. The video highlights of Giles are flat out sick. This guy is going to a monster next season at Duke and is currently ripping it up for Oak Hill Academy, currently ranked No. 2 in the country.

I thought the torn ACL would be a problem, but very happy to be wrong about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our savior

12328109_1679623995587792_2058185871_n.jpg

He looks like he's in front of a lineup wall.

I have a sick feeling he's going to get injured again. Two ACL tears in both legs is extremely concerning.

"Why play at Duke, why not sit out a year, why take the risk?"

"I want to play."

"Do you see yourself more at the 4 or 5 at Duke?"

"They're about the same thing."

He couldn't care less about where he'll be asked to play.

Looks like the perfect college SF. Range like Brandon Ingram, handles like Grant Hill and constantly working on his perimeter skills.

PG Jayson Tatum
SG Grayson Allen
SF Harry Giles
PF Amile Jefferson
C Marques Bolden

Very Kentucky 2015-like. Should have similar results.

Before the Warriors and pace and space came along, no one would doubt this lineup would be the one to go with, except the semantics of who would be point guard between Allen and Tatum. Giles has the look and feel of a true SF on any level in that video, or a Victoria's Secret model, much more than a college C or PF. Jefferson is an old school prototype PF.

Really? I I know you're not being 100% serious, but his handle looks high and loose to me. I'm still kind of skeptical of him being useful on offense for much more than finishing and putbacks this year.

If he can actually hit threes to the extent that he's allowed to shoot them, that would be fantastic.

I see his role as offensive rebounding, rim protection, and defending the pick and roll. Basically the highest level role player imaginable. Eventual goal is Kevin Garnett.

Yeah, I was surprised DBP posted that video of him doing nothing but perimeter work. I still think it's unlikely he'll be anything more than Kevin Garnett (merely a top 10-20 PF of all time), but it's fun to think about the possibilities if he really has worked on his 3pt range and ball handling during his multiple recoveries.

Reading his DraftExpress profile is still sad. He'll never be anything more than a top 10 PF in NBA history and solid HOFer, based on that writeup. However, maybe he can break through that ceiling and be something more in his one year in college, to become something we've never seen before - Garnett with Matt Jones 3pt shooting.

Welp. At least we still have Jayson Tatum in this mega-epic recruiting class, who will be a stud midrange jumpshooter.

As some of us wisely speculated, Giles is only here for the free elite medical care.

I assume this was not scheduled? Is there any reason to think he will play college basketball at all?

Only being out 6 weeks for knee surgery likely means cleanup of a slight meniscus tear (cutting a small torn piece off) vs. a bigger tear requiring a full repair with sutures.

At least, that's what I gathered from doing a quick Google search and skimming 2 or 3 blog entries from celebrity docs. So, I'm pretty sure my findings are accurate, and Giles will be back soon enough to sustain a real season-ending foot injury later in the year - probably around January.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back