Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

Ingram looked like the best player on the court in the third quarter last night. His shot is starting to fall, and he was playing great D, especially when he was marking Paul George. It might take him another year or two, but he is going to be a fantastic player.

Since we have no duke football alumni thread, I am putting this here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, we do have one. As no one looks at it, I am leaving this here.

From USA Today’s Sam Amick: With the Knicks known to think very favorably of 24-year-old Clippers guard Austin Rivers (career-high 11.9 points per game this season), and with various combinations of trade scenarios known to include other players like veteran shooting guard J.J. Redick (who will be a free agent this summer) and super sixth man Jamal Crawford(who signed a three-year, $42 million deal last summer), it seems clear that the Knicks’ interest level in parting ways with Anthony is growing by the day.

Clippers will have no Duke alumni. Knicks will have Redick, Rivers, Lance Thomas and Marshall Plumlee.

Knicks starting lineup next season:

PG Austin Rivers
SG JJ Redick
SF Jayson Tatum
PF Lance Thomas
C Kristaps Porzingis

0-82.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think this is good for the Knicks. I hope I am not the only one. Of course, I think the Knicks would improve simply by giving Carmelo away.

deeyoukayeee said:
Ingram looked like the best player on the court in the third quarter last night. His shot is starting to fall, and he was playing great D, especially when he was marking Paul George. It might take him another year or two, but he is going to be a fantastic player.

He has a long long ways to go. According to NBA.com he is dead last in the NBA in FG%, TS%, has the 6th worst NetRTG, worst PIE (Player Impact Estimate). According to ESPN he is dead last in RPM and dead last in RPM Wins. Saric who is 439th has a -0.98, Ingram has a -1.85. He also just had a historic +/- of -45. I hate to say it but Ingram has been the worst player in the NBA this year that gets minutes.

So I guess every time I checked a box score and saw he was shit... it wasn't just an anomaly. He's straight garbage.

I like that Walton is still giving him minutes regardless. Same with Spoelstra and Winslow (until his injury). Maybe this a younger coach's mentality or maybe it's just particular to the goals of those two franchises.

I get that there's a big difference between college and the pros. It's possible to keep your core together longer in the NBA, for one thing. And of course in college there's no value in tanking. Still, I'd like to see Coach K exhibit a little more patience. Of course, I say that now. I probably wouldn't like the product in reality.

I am not reading too much into Ingram's awful numbers and I doubt the Lakers are either. Dude is playing huge minutes at age 19 when he clearly isn't physically ready. He has a very high basketball IQ for his age (in stark contrast to most of our recent NBA products) and he's shown plenty of promise this year.

Lol @ that Deadspin dude citing VORP as evidence that Austin isn't an NBA-caliber player. As long as we're cherry-picking advanced stats that we don't fully understand, Austin has 2.2 win shares which puts him equal to Courtney Lee. He's inarguably become a rotation guy.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom