Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

I missed the NC State game we lost. So I've literally never seen him play outside of high school highlight videos.

I turned the State game on just in time to see Tatum(?) lose the ball and Smith dunked it from the 3pt line after the buzzer. I expected the Raiders to take him in the 1st round.

CK86 said:
Am I the only one that likes Dennis Smith as a prospect more than anyone else in the draft? He just seems like he has all the skills to be an all star caliber player.

I'd take him ahead of Lonzo Ball but I expect to be in the minority on that. Smith was raised a helluva lot tougher than Ball. Don't fuck with kids from Fayettenam.

I really would love if the Knicks could grab Dennis Smith Jr at #8. Then figure out a way to trade Carmelo Anthony.

I think Dennis Smith Jr-Porzingis- Hernangonez is a solid young core. Unfortunately I doubt Smith Jr will be around for the Knicks since we are so incompetent we can't even tank properly.

I would also be fine if the Knicks were able to get Monk. Given our position, Smith Jr or Monk would be a really selection, imo.

Up to #11 in the mock draft. Bucks out of range now. Going to Charlotte, where he will be hated by everyone from the top down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once Grayson tests out at the combine, it will be confirmed that Duke 2017 had the 3 most freakish guards in the country to surround Amile Jefferson. The coaching staff managed to pilot this team to a blowout loss in the 2nd round.

He would be a nice fit in Charlotte.

I also like how he could fit in with Bucks (desperate for more perimeter shooting) and the Pistons (although you have mentioned their preference for perimeter players with length).

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Up to #11 in the mock draft. Bucks out of range now. Going to Charlotte, where he will be hated by everyone from the top down.

Imagine if he had a real anger problem like Grayson though, the media might have to devote 1% of the coverage Allen gets.

Duke probably ends up with more top 10 draft picks than NCAAT wins this year.

Such a ball buster we lost this kid early. He's the kind of recruit you can ride to a title as an upperclassman, ugh.

Yeah, but Allen Crabbe has a 4-year, $75 million dollar deal. Devin Booker may end up being a max player. There's a market for, and paucity of, guys Kennard's size who can shoot like he can from outside and still bring other offensive options.

Although I am a Kennard fan, I would like to see my Knicks take Monk or the PG from France over him if both are available. The Knicks perimeter defense last season was horrendous and I think the other two are more suited to helping the Knicks there than Kennard. I don't think Monk is as skilled as Kennard offensively but the gap isn't so huge that I would take Kennard over him.

Couldn't get past the first weekend with two top ten picks. Christ.

Day of Draft mock:

3 Celtics - Tatum
12 Pistons - Kennard
26 Blazers - Giles
38 Bulls - Jackson

Undrafted - Jefferson, Jones, Pagliuca

Celtics are going to need to move Crowder. Stevens is going to coach to win games now, which means playing Crowder over Tatum. Obviously, this is the best case for Tatum among the top few teams.

Pistons would signal a willingness to play a lot more smallball or trade someone if they take Kennard, as they already have a max contract Reggie Jackson, max contract Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, decent rotation player Ish Smith, high upside project Stanley Johnson, lots of SF minutes going to Marcus Morris, and kinda wing-like Tobias Harris. Probably try to trade Morris, as his cheap contract makes him an asset. Move Jackson for anything except a longer terrible max contract in return.

Blazers would be stashing Giles as they continue to develop Nurkic and Vonleh, or give up on Vonleh. Good situation for Giles.

Mid-to-late 30s is a really good range to be in for Jackson, but since these picks are traded frequently, it doesn't really matter. However, if Jackson is targeted by one of the teams 36-39, he'll be on a big market team. The Bulls are probably the worst current situation among these teams. 36 Sixers, 37 Celtics, 38 Bulls, 39 Sixers.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30