Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

I was watching the end of the Baylor/Kansas game and found out that Baylor has a guy named Flo Thamba, who played like the retarded cousin of Mo Bamba.

I thought I heard that name before. Now, about to be National Champion.

Baylor’s frontcourt is pretty bad. They should be playing their white guy (Mayer) a lot more and Flo Thamba a lot less.

I like Mayer a lot. Goofy 6'9 white guy with a mullet who randomly has legit guard skills. Mayer vs. Kispert is going to be the whitest, funnest championship-turning matchup ever

Also, Flo Thamba sounds like Mo Bamba trying to come up with a fake name without having any time to think about it.

Baylor’s frontcourt is pretty bad. They should be playing their white guy (Mayer) a lot more and Flo Thamba a lot less.

I like Mayer a lot. Goofy 6'9 white guy with a mullet who randomly has legit guard skills. Mayer vs. Kispert is going to be the whitest, funnest championship-turning matchup ever

Also, Flo Thamba sounds like Mo Bamba trying to come up with a fake name without having any time to think about it.

Singler versus Hayward. Zoubek versus Matt Howard. Two in one game!

Or a hip hop artist who claims to be Mo Bamba's cousin.

We'll always have this, though I might need 'Ronto to translate that fucking horrible accent.

The Dolejaz with "x"s for eyes is the best

I'm not as high on Mitchell. His physicality will be matched pretty easily in the NBA, so he's going to lose an advantage he had in the NCAA.

I only watched like 3 of their games, so this is by no means a definitive take on Mitchell. The one thing I saw that really bothered me, was his body language and demeanor to his teammates.

Specifically in the finals, he had a pretty egregious turnover where he was a little out of control and he threw a bad pass in the vicinity of one of his teammates. The camera stayed on him as he motioned to his teammate that he should have been where Mitchell threw the ball, rather than where the player was standing.

I would prefer my team leaders to be able to accept responsibility for a mistake. I saw similar reactions from him in the one tight game they had in the tourney, can't remember the opponent. I remember thinking he had really bad body language towards his team and the officials during the game, particularly during a period where he was playing pretty poorly.

He's gonna have to get over that shit.

On his own team, I'd rather have Butler all day long.

An NBA team could do worse than having Butler and Mitchell as their developmental guard pieces. That's still probably better than what the Magic, Rockets, or Pelicans have.

Really, you're analyzing body language on two plays? Sorry, but "I would prefer my team leaders to be able to accept responsibility for a mistake" reads like a parody.

Did you watch Keon Johnson? Because he was awful. Also, I'm still not sure what "skill" Jonathan Kuminga is supposed to have.

I'm not as high on Mitchell. His physicality will be matched pretty easily in the NBA, so he's going to lose an advantage he had in the NCAA.

I only watched like 3 of their games, so this is by no means a definitive take on Mitchell. The one thing I saw that really bothered me, was his body language and demeanor to his teammates.

Specifically in the finals, he had a pretty egregious turnover where he was a little out of control and he threw a bad pass in the vicinity of one of his teammates. The camera stayed on him as he motioned to his teammate that he should have been where Mitchell threw the ball, rather than where the player was standing.

I would prefer my team leaders to be able to accept responsibility for a mistake. I saw similar reactions from him in the one tight game they had in the tourney, can't remember the opponent. I remember thinking he had really bad body language towards his team and the officials during the game, particularly during a period where he was playing pretty poorly.

Was the play when Mitchell drove and his teammate on the opposite wing didn't go to the corner for a three? I thought Mitchell was right that his teammate should be filling in there so he has a passing outlet. Probably would have been a wide open three if his teammate did that instead of standing on the wing.

I'm not entirely sold on Mitchell's offensive game because he seems to lack some fluidity and playmaking, but I think he could be an incredibly disruptive defender because he's so strong and quick. I'm far from an expert though.

Was the play when Mitchell drove and his teammate on the opposite wing didn't go to the corner for a three? I thought Mitchell was right that his teammate should be filling in there so he has a passing outlet. Probably would have been a wide open three if his teammate did that instead of standing on the wing.

I'm not entirely sold on Mitchell's offensive game because he seems to lack some fluidity and playmaking, but I think he could be an incredibly disruptive defender because he's so strong and quick. I'm far from an expert though.
That is the play. I do agree that the player should have gone to the corner, but he didn't and Mitchell threw the ball away, even though the other player was open where he was.

Again, and @rome8180 here as well, this is just my interpretation of what I see from a player in the moment. Regardless of whether I'm inferring too much from Mitchell or not, I prefer Butler as a player and think he has a translatable, elite skill that Mitchell doesn't-- shooting.

I have no idea what Keon and Kuminga look like as prospects and Mitchell could very well be better than them. None of this changes how I feel about Butler.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom