Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

This will be good. Would take Henderson over Wembanyama. We just don’t have any modern precedent for the best giant being more valuable than the best guy who’s smaller than the giant, and it’s so hard to take that “first of his kind” gamble with the #1 overall.

Intriguing prospect if he has found himself and a 3pt shot with the drastic change in scenery. Similar to Elena Della Donne and her volleyball excursion.

Ridiculous top 2. Best player in history legitimately possible at #1 and best point guard in history at #2. Imagine having a 27% chance at one of them.

The more I learn about the prospects in this draft, the more I think it's going to be terrible. Only the top 2 guys are saving it from being epically bad, imo.

The Thompson twins have zero shooting touch, even on their free throws. They're athletes. I don't see why anyone would draft a wing that doesn't project to be a good shooter in this day and age. Brandon Miller is a 6'9" dude who shoots incredibly well from 3 but has an abysmal 2pt percentage. He also brings the ball down to his waist on the catch, which makes his shot release slow.

I do like Cam Whitmore. He's shooting 69% (nice) from 2pt range, which is insane for a wing player. He's shooting a respectable 35% from three on good volume. Biggest hole in his game I see is that he appears never to pass the ball.

Depending on your philosophy, you may think Wemby and Scoot are enough to make this a good draft. But only two teams will land one of those players, which makes it bad for roughly 93% of the league.

Hard to believe, after seeing what we’ve seen this season, that Dariq Whitehead was ever mocked ahead of this guy. Miller is the favorite to go #3 overall.

I mentioned it above. His 2pt percentage is awful. The Jabari Smith comparisons are apt. He's a tall guy who shoots threes. That's about it. I don't even think he has the defensive reputation of Jabari Smith. And he's not as tall either.

His going #3 speaks to how bad this draft is. It's got one generational prospect, one great one, and the rest of it sucks.

Whitehead and Lively being bad hasn't helped. No one will ever view Mitchell and Flip as highly as they did those guys, no matter what they do. Mitchell didn't get senior season buzz because of an injury. Flip is white.

I would take Mark over Lively and would consider taking him over Flip. I get the concerns, but they seem mostly theoretical.

I am so glad that we have versatile big man and future 1st round pick Dereck Lively as our backup center. What an embarrassment of riches for Scheyer.

It’s odd that no one has heard of the #3 or #5 picks. I look forward to them being busts on two desperate franchises.

I've actually heard a lot of buzz around them. I don't know how to feel. They're insane athletes and hellacious defenders who can't shoot.

The reason you may not be hearing much is simply that no one cares about Overtime Elite.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back