Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Those mocks couldn't be more different

Whoops. One is a mock and one is a list of top 100 players

Mason to Boston would be pretty cool. Rondo would get him some great looks and tons of oops.

Sulaimon grew up a Duke basketball fan in a family that always strongly valued academics. As a seventh grader, Sulaimon was a scholar in Duke’s Talent Identification Program, which allowed him to take the SAT at a young age. At just 13 years old, Sulaimon scored higher than most high school students do on the test. His decision to attend Strake Jesuit was largely an academic one as well, though the school’s basketball team is also among the best in the state.

one & done

mAsEB.png

Spot the 3- or 4-year player.

McAdoo will finally make 1st team all ACC his junior year and Roy will tout this 3 year development further to recruits.

thewiseben said:
Does anyone else just laugh at mock drafts with Mason out of the top ten?

Not just Mason. I think Sheed is a top 10 pick as well should he choose to declare.

Interesting from Givony:

‏@DraftExpress They'll definitely get long looks. Only so many seniors do though RT @ZachWLambert Do Ryan Kelly or Seth Curry have a chance to get drafted?

If Ryan Kelly continues to work on his 3 point shooting, he could find a niche as a lesser Steve Novak.

Jesus, I didn't realize Steve Novak was freaking 6'10.

Question for Kelly is what position can he defend and rebound well enough to see the floor. He'd have value as a pick and pop guy at the 4, but I'm not sure he'll ever really be strong enough.

There are loads of Ryan Kelly Types in the NBA. In the NBA, if you can do one thing exceptionally well, you can stay in the league a long time.

I think Kelly will make the league as poor man's Ryan Anderson. I don't see it for Seth, though someone may pick him up because of his last name. I of course would be super happy for him if he does find a way to make it. I can't think of any current players that he's similar to.

please keep Sheed's name far away from these draft boards.

Marcus Smart at 23 seems way too low. no doubt in my mind he'll be a top 10 pick.

rhfarmer said:
There are loads of Ryan Kelly Types in the NBA. In the NBA, if you can do one thing exceptionally well, you can stay in the league a long time.

Agreed. Guys like Ryan Anderson, Channing Frye, etc. come to mind.

Eh, Ryan Anderson averaged 10 RPG in college and is built better than Kelly for the post. I'm hopeful, especially if he continues Zoubeking, but he still gets pushed around too much under the rim for an NBA PF, IMO.

He wouldn't necessarily have to play pf in the NBA. And he's a decent help side defender. For instance if he played for a team like the Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Bulls, etc. he would basically be a big 3.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back