Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Coaching

scheyer-face-and-friend.jpg

Nope. I just liked it because the guy's making a Scheyer face.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
How will a 6-5 non-true point guard be able to coach short true point guards?
Duke's PG recruiting will suffer due to negative recruiting by other schools alleging that our PGs play alarmingly unathletically.

Big Ten is realigning by geography in 2014, and Collins should have every opportunity to succeed at NW given how imbalanced the divisions will be:

West
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Wisconsin

East
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Penn State
Rutgers

(Basketball programs with likely strong futures are in bold.)

Actually I don't think they will use divisions in basketball. They don't currently. Only reason would be to make the scheduling and traveling easier. But even in football, that is a bad split for the East teams.

Big Ten is realigning by geography in 2014, and Collins should have every opportunity to succeed at NW given how imbalanced the divisions will be:

West
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Wisconsin

East
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Penn State
Rutgers

(Basketball programs with likely strong futures are in bold.)

Wow. Poor Rutgers. Wisconsin and the Illini really lucked out.

Don't tell Zed Leppelin, but Wojo is taking questions on Twitter right now.

Actually I don't think they will use divisions in basketball. They don't currently. Only reason would be to make the scheduling and traveling easier. But even in football, that is a bad split for the East teams.
I told Zack that I would avoid talking about Michigan but I'll make an exception here since there's a decent discussion going about the conference as a whole.

The divisions look unbalanced in football and they are. The East is clearly stronger than the West because Michigan and Ohio S are in the same division.

But not a whole lot changes for the top programs.

For instance, the past two seasons: Michigan has played Ohio S (crossover since rivalry), East Landfill, and Nebraska. In the new division, Nebraska is being replaced with Penn State (which will take time to recover.)

Similarly, East Landfill's schedule really doesn't change much. 2 seasons ago Sparty played Michigan, Ohio S (with Fickell as interim HC), Nebraska, and Wisky (x2). Notre Dame was one of the OOC opponents. That's a pretty rough schedule.

But Nebraska + Wisconsin are the big winner here IF neither has to play against Michigan or Ohio S (or Penn State eventually) as a rotating protected cross over. I would have to think that Nebraska and Wisconsin will play against 1 of Michigan/OhioS/PennS every year. Otherwise, the West is too easy and the winner of the Nebraska/Wisconsin game has a cakewalk to the B1G Championship Game.

---

Supposedly there won't be divisions in basketball. I haven't seen this be confirmed or negated. But if there are divisions, I hope it's a North/South deal.

And SMTTEM, I would highlight Illinois as a school that has a strong future in basketball simply because of the amount of talent that is produced in the state. John Groce has demonstrated that he is a good coach. Once he adds some better talent to the program, Illinois will be a very good program.

Maryland could be another a good program if Turgeon and his staff recruits well.

I think Maryland's recruiting will suffer because of the move. Not sure how many DC kids want to sign on with a team that is going to play at Nebraska instead of at UNC, Uva and Duke.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back