Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Coaching

So here's my question. Let's just say that we go out with another Natty Champer. Is there any reason for Coach K to come back after that? There is never going to be another player like Zion to put on a jersey for him again. I don't think there are any other Jones brothers in the pipeline either.

And if we lose, what possible reason can there be to want to come back after choking away with such an absurd level of talent?

How does K not ride off into the sunset no matter what?

He'll want to stick around another 4 years to coach his grandson.

That press feels like a nice little tactical nuclear warhead we can unleash for spurts. I don't think there's a guard who isn't already in the NBA in this country who could execute against it right away.

You save your best until you need it most.

So here's my question. Let's just say that we go out with another Natty Champer. Is there any reason for Coach K to come back after that? There is never going to be another player like Zion to put on a jersey for him again. I don't think there are any other Jones brothers in the pipeline either.

And if we lose, what possible reason can there be to want to come back after choking away with such an absurd level of talent?

How does K not ride off into the sunset no matter what?

Three words: LeBron James Junior

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but the ACC announced future conference schedules through 2022 a few days ago:

2019-20: Rivals (home-and-home): UNC, Wake Forest; Repeats (home-and-home): BC, Miami, NC State, VA Tech; Home only: FSU, Louisville, Notre Dame, Pitt; Away only: Clemson, GA Tech, Syracuse, Virginia
2020-21: Rivals: UNC, Wake Forest; Repeats: GA Tech, Louisville, Notre Dame, Pitt; Home only: BC, Clemson, Syracuse, Virginia; Away only: FSU, Miami, NC State, VA Tech
2021-22: Rivals: UNC, Wake Forest; Repeats: Clemson, FSU, Syracuse, Virginia; Home only: GA Tech, Miami, NC State, VA Tech; Away only: BC, Louisville, Notre Dame, Pitt

Next year's schedule appears to be much softer at first glance. Why the fuck do we have another home-and-home with VT though? We just played them twice last year.

As I'm bored and this Gonzaga-San Diego game is not captivating me, Aiw's post inspired me to rank the other ACC venues, CMon-style, from easiest-to-hardest for us to play in over the last decade or so:

1. Wake

2. Georgia Tech

3. Boston College

4. Pittsburgh

5. Virginia

6. Clemson

7. Miami

8. Syracuse

9. Notre Dame

10. North Carolina

11. Virginia Tech

12. Florida State