Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

We were the best team in the country for the first 30 minutes and in the bottom 100 for the last 10.

Didn't get blownout from start to finish once, lol.

Yeah, that's what's depressing to me when I think about that season. Even the 2010 title team suffered a blowout loss or two. That just speaks to our talent last year and our utter lack of chemistry and defensive commitment.

The 2012 team was comparable in record to last year, but they were always fighting from behind and managed to pull a lot of wins out of their ass. While the 2012 team just wasn't very good and didn't make sense as a roster, last year's team clearly could have won every single game they played.

A bit later than the team from the east coast is used to biologically.

Student section drunk and loud as hell by then.

Winter travel conditions in the Midwest.

First college road game for 3 freshman starters.

Might open a gambling account just to bet on Wisconsin anything -6 or lower. I'd be proud to see Duke not get blown out.

Last edited by a moderator:
good news, game over by 10:00, can still get a decent night's sleep

I love the Winslow hasn't had to cut his hair yet. I hope K lets him keep it.

Sitting 5 feet from Okafor at Que right now. Massive.

With his parents. I asked his dad why he hates Coach K. He called him a punk ass bitch.

Today is the day we predict the entire season game by game without seeing 3 of the starters ever play in college.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to figure it if we should also be guaranteeing a loss for the first true CONFERENCE road game even though we will be playing and losing a first true road game generally in November at Wisconsin. I think we should.

Oh good, only one game against Louisville, and it's away. At least our home wining record should remain intact this season.

As for @Wake @UVA @UNC @Louisville @Cuse... I feel like that's a 1-4 stretch or 2-3. Throw in a loss on the road to some crap team, and 13-5 to 14-4 sounds right.

OOC
W Presbyterian
W Fairfield
W vs Michigan State
W vs Temple
W vs Stanford or UNLV
W Furman
W Army
L at Wisconsin
W Elon
W vs Connecticut
W Toledo
W Wofford
W at St. John's

ACC
W Boston College
L at Wake Forest
W at NC State
W Miami
L at Louisville
W Pittsburgh
W at Notre Dame
L at Virginia
W Georgia Tech
W Notre Dame
W at Florida State
W at Syracuse
W North Carolina
W Clemson
W at Virginia Tech
W Syracuse
W Wake Forest
L at North Carolina

26-5 overall, 14-4 ACC

IMO

The 1 seeds last season had 4 losses (Pac Arizona), 2 losses (SEC Florida), 6 losses (ACC Virginia), 0 losses (mid-major Wichita State). I would count on 5 losses out of the ACC getting a 1, but the ACC Tournament likely adds another loss. The OOC SOS looks weak to me in terms of very impressive wins, but decent in terms of RPI, which Duke and Kansas always game properly.

If Cuse is top-5, ACC is going to suck. That may be the case, but I hope one of Wake/State/ND/Pitt steps it up. Regardless, I think there is a huge drop off after the top-4.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back