Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

i don't think you can win in 2014 with one guy who is a threat to make shots from outside 12 feet.

I don't either and I haven't seen them yet this year, but what about Justin Jackson? Isn't he supposed to be a good shooter?

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
I don't either and I haven't seen them yet this year, but what about Justin Jackson? Isn't he supposed to be a good shooter?

Mid range, but not particularly from three

He is 1-6 from 3 this year.

The team is shooting 27% on 44 attempts (3 games). 15 a game is a lot for them. ~22% of overall FGA.

I guess. He's going to have to. When I see a top-10 recruit at UNC I just assume that he isn't going to make too much of an impact until junior year.

He's shooting 63% overall and averaging 13.3/game

They haven't played a top 100 team yet. That number along with Meeks is going to drop like a rock by the end of december.

Probably too much UNC for this thread, but it's hard to assess them offensively at this point. Davidson and Rob Morris are both sub 200 defensively. NC Central is 133 and that is the game in which they didn't look too great on offense.

They have Butler (#22 def) on Wednesday, UCLA or Oklahoma Thurs (#41/30 def), and probably Wisconsin or Florida Friday (#12/13 defense). So we should know more about how they plan to attack competitive defenses this week.

DrKlahn said:
I guess. He's going to have to. When I see a top-10 recruit at UNC I just assume that he isn't going to make too much of an impact until junior year.
I usually assume he won't have an impact until he plays us.

These children are forced to prepare for Wisconsin on campus over the holiday? Love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Indians stood more of a chance against the Europeans than our guys do at the Kohl center.

Might as well have sent them home until the game. Would have been a nice short trip for Jah and Tyus.

rome8180 said:
The Indians stood more of a chance against the Europeans than our guys do at the Kohl center.

Might as well have sent them home until the game. Would have been a nice short trip for Jah and Tyus.

What about the Army game?

Pags, Kelly, and Allen have got that on lockdown. It's their punishment for fucking up the spread (and Kelly's punishment for not being as good as his brother).

The mediocre free throw shooting is worrisome, but I hope that as the season progresses, guys like Matt Jones & Winslow pick things up. I am not overly optimistic that Okafor & Amile will make any drastic free throw shooting improvement over this season.

Make the opponents foul Marshall during late game situations.

Okafor has a nice touch, and considering that he can make 12-foot bank shots, it seems like he should be able to master a FT. I think he's better than the 50% he's shown.

Posted on TDD but would be more appreciated here. Took out the sub-200 teams from our schedule that everyone on the roster scored a shit ton against and looked at +/- per minute of play:

T. Jones: +0.47 points per minute (ppm)
Cook: +0.36 ppm
Okafor: +0.38 ppm
Jeffeson: +0.25 ppm
Winslow: +0.17 ppm
M. Jones: +0.14 ppm
Plumlee: +0.33 ppm
Sulaimon: +0.02 ppm
Allen: (skewed - too few minutes) +3 overall
Ojeleye: (skewed - too few minutes) -3 overall
---

Plumlee had a much bigger impact than I thought, and Winslow a lower impact. Could be skewed by the army game, though. I am really impressed with MP3's numbers given he often has to play the end of games with... you know.

Despite Tyus' bad perimeter defense, he's such a goddamn wizard running plays that I guess the cliche "makes his teammates better" really applies big time and is by far the most impactful.

Shockingly, Sulaimon/Allen/Ojeleye have been not so good. I believe we have our S.H triumvirate.

Plumlee doesn't surprise me. Not only is he making all his FTs and most of the very few shots he takes, but the vaunted eye test tells me he's the best defender on the team.

I am eager to see what Zoubekian miracles he can perform next season. I have to lol at those who think Jeter will start at center over him next year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom