Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

Our supporting role players were so much better in 2015 than they were last season or this season.

Matt Jones, Amile Jefferson, Grayson Allen, even Marshall Plumlee. All really good role players. We haven't had that in a while. Hopefully that will change next season.

The key is to have low 5 and high 4 star players to stick around. Next year we will have more of that with Moore, Hurt and Baker returning. Remember, Amile Jefferson and Matt Jones were both low 5-stars. Then we should have more guys returning- Brakefield, Mark Williams, and Coleman all clearly project as multi-year guys.

Hopefully guys don't transfer and we will start to see a better supporting cast than what we've seen the last 2 seasons.

I have rewatched so many sections of games from that season. Such an enjoyable team. It obviously wasn’t a close game or anything, but until CBS took it down a while back, I particularly enjoyed watching the first half of the blowout of ND in Cameron. Just a complete ass-whipping of one of the better teams in the country.
They somehow went 2-1 against us.

I have rewatched so many sections of games from that season. Such an enjoyable team. It obviously wasn’t a close game or anything, but until CBS took it down a while back, I particularly enjoyed watching the first half of the blowout of ND in Cameron. Just a complete ass-whipping of one of the better teams in the country.
They somehow went 2-1 against us.

That was a good team. They almost beat the great '15 Kentucky team before Wisconsin did it a round later. Beautiful offense and if the threes were falling really tough to beat.

Back in April 2015 I don't think anyone would've believed that both Duke and Kentucky were set to enter 7+ year Final Four droughts. God, I still miss this team.

That was the biggest switch-flipping team I can remember. I didn't have that much optimism going into the tournament because our defense had been so up and down. Then for the course of the tournament, I believe we far and away the best defense.

Also, Winslow magically turning into a 42% 3pt shooter for a single season before regressing right back to his high school numbers was such a stroke of luck that it almost makes up for all the injuries in other seasons.

Tyus had his biggest moment in the championship game whereas Winslow came up huge for us in Houston. When people look back on a tournament run, they're not as likely to remember the Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back