Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Chase Jeter

I feel like in both cases, it was only adults around them that were assholes. I'm not holding grudges against DT and Chase themselves.

Agreed. I'm not going to root against him, but I'm glad to get players like him off the team. Parents/"Uncles" have an influence on the player, who has an influence on the team. We don't need the extra drama. The team already deals with enough from outside sources. Anything that minimizes internal drama is a good thing.

childress22 said:
I feel like in both cases, it was only adults around them that were assholes. I'm not holding grudges against DT and Chase themselves.

Agreed. I also agree with the post about how the uncle/dad BS negatively impacts the entire team. It also negatively impacts the player too, whether he DT/CJ were aware of it or not. They may think they were doing the right things, but their attitudes will change, even if slightly when the coaches are coaching them up, giving them specific instructions, and having them go through what they need to go. Then all they hear is "coach sucks, he doesn't know what he's doing. You should be playing more. You're better than ____. Why does he get minutes when he does the same things you do?" etc etc. I had to deal with a player/parent situation like this for the first time this season- no matter how strong of a culture you've built, the ridiculous parent/family member will always find a way to make a crack in it.

It sucks. DT and Chase Jeter should have been 3-4 year players at Duke that got better each season and eventually developed into starters and very valuable contributors. I actually think DT would've turned out really well at Duke. Unfortunately, they were both being surrounded with the wrong advice/opinions.

LOL at his dad's comments.

Chase's only play I have a vivid memory of is that missed dunk against Kansas.

AxeS24 said:
Chase being a bust may really force us to try to reclassify an extra big from 2018 to the 2017 class.

I could see us signing 3 bigs. Wendell, Bamba (hopefully), and a guy from 2018.

Looks like my man Axe was pretty much right on the money :)

face-with-tears-of-joy.png

Only a matter of time before this thread was active.

The DT thread lies dormant for another day.

Lol'd @ some of the justifications used in the article for the headline:

Still, there was one part of his game that showed promise — his defense.

As a sophomore, the long-armed Jeter averaged 2.9 blocks per 40 minutes.

Jeter probably would have picked up 8 or 9 fouls per 40 minutes too.

For instance, in Jeter’s sophomore year, Duke allowed 100.5 points per 100 possessions. When Jeter was on the court, that figure improved to 100.2.

That amounts to about 1 point "saved" over 5 full games difference. Totally makes up for him being an absolute non-factor as a scorer or rebounder.

"Duke was an imressive 0.3 points per 100 possessions better on defense when Chase Jeter was on the court, while only losing a minuscule 0.05 points on every offensive possession with Jeter out there."

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back