Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Chase Jeter

rome8180

Legend
Probably our next commit. I like this video for the pass fakes Jabari-like usage of the language in the title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to read some good vibes about the possibility of this kid coming to Duke.

Cool beans!

Chase Jeter @chasejeter04

My Duke visit was so much fun, Cameron crazies you guys are the real deal.

This is great - he is listed at 225 pounds, which for a guy in his Junior year of HS, is pretty good size. Assuming he could add 15-20 pounds of the next year or so, he may be able to handle his own physically very early on in his college career. I write this knowing nothing about his quickness or overall athleticism, but I notice a lot of big men his age and height are often 20 pounds lighter than what he is listed.

He looks really skinny in the video I posted above. But that was from 2013, I believe. In recent footage it looks like he's put on some weight.

All I see is what Scout tells me. #18 overall in 2015, 5 stars. 6-10 225. Assuming/hoping he can add 20 lbs a lot easier than Amile can (but not with the same ease as Polynesian-armed Jabari), he will be really good center size. Maybe Plumlee will stay for a 5th year and Jeter can be a nice backup, then stick around to start for 2-3 years. This seems like the exact type of player we all want the most at Duke - legitimate center size, not one and done.

Scout has him as high interest for Duke, medium interest everywhere else, which typically means he's committing to Duke soon.

Weird getting Shaquille Powell and recruiting Shabazz Muhammad from Bishop Gorman and then getting "Chase Jeter."

Of course we have no trouble recruiting big men. We're a big man school now. Best players are all bigs while are guards struggle, probably because of Wojo the guard coach.

Capel is just better than Wojo in every way. Better developer of talent, better recruiter, cooler and more relatable, less grating voice, less white and short. Capel should get out of the coterie of yes men while he still has a chance.

This was in response to Justise saying "You're next bro," or something like that, after Kennard's commit.

Chase Jeter @chasejeter04 2m

@Chief_Justise Haha only time will tell family.

I'm sincerely impressed when any human being gets "you're" correct.

bfactor said:
I'm sincerely impressed when any human being gets "you're" correct.

Apparently he said "You next bro." My bad. I still strongly prefer that to "Your next bro."

Ideally, you'd have a comma before "bro," but I'd be shocked to see that in any tweet.

Most important 2015 recruit, right? Seems to make an exception for Duke in terms of staying West.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there even another 2015 recruit, really?

I sort of count Obi as 2015 since he won't be available until then.

You could argue Diamond Stone would be more valuable to the program long-term than Chase Jeter, if you think Stone might stay more than one year and Jeter might be one and done.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom