Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Luke Kennard

rome8180

Legend
Just like with Jeter, I figured he deserved his own thread at this point (and for the same reasons).

I think the Scheyer comparisons are pretty off-base. I guess there's the fact that they are both white and that he could probably play the point. I can't really think who he's like. If I said Hood, it would simply be because of the left-handedness.

Anyway...as a fan of basketball, you have to love his game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one shows off his PG skills a little more.

I'd be happy to compare him to someone who wasn't white, or who wasn't 6'5", or who didn't play as recently... but he still kind of reminds me of Scheyer.

For me, there's something in the way he dribbles and shoots his pull-up off that dribble that still reminds me of Jon. The body control, the head-up at all times, and the ability to finish with various scoop shots. I'm sure Kennard is not the defender Jon was, and certainly not the floor general Scheyer grew into, but I still think he looks like a slightly thicker freshman Jon, with a better crossover.

I see a little bit of Hood or Ewing in there, but I think Scheyer's still may be the best Blue Devil comparison.

I think this guy could be very very good at Duke.

Man, I really want this kid. I mean, yes, he would be good for Duke, but I would take him just so Duke could avoid having to play against him. You can tell from the videos that he would torch a typical Duke defense.

Damn, that's a sexy mixtape.

He strikes me as better physically than Scheyer was (with the obvious disclaimer than Scheyer is better than everyone ever mentally). Scheyer had sneaky quickness and never wasted any movement, but Kennard looks like more of a fast-twitch guy and dunks pretty easily.

He's got a pretty nasty handle for a 6'5 white guy, too. Almost has a little Deron Williams to him or something.

The defense from number 22 made me LOL.

childress22 said:
I'd be happy to compare him to someone who wasn't white, or who wasn't 6'5", or who didn't play as recently... but he still kind of reminds me of Scheyer.

For me, there's something in the way he dribbles and shoots his pull-up off that dribble that still reminds me of Jon. The body control, the head-up at all times, and the ability to finish with various scoop shots. I'm sure Kennard is not the defender Jon was, and certainly not the floor general Scheyer grew into, but I still think he looks like a slightly thicker freshman Jon, with a better crossover.

I see a little bit of Hood or Ewing in there, but I think Scheyer's still may be the best Blue Devil comparison.

He's much faster with the ball in his hands than Scheyer. His shooting form is completely different. Also, the way he finds guys through traffic in the interior is not something I really remember out of Scheyer.

The reason I said Hood is the change of speed with the ball in his hands. But obviously the lefty thing too. And like I said, I don't think it's a great comparison.

rome8180 said:
childress22 said:

He's much faster with the ball in his hands than Scheyer. His shooting form is completely different. Also, the way he finds guys through traffic in the interior is not something I really remember out of Scheyer.

The reason I said Hood is the change of speed with the ball in his hands. But obviously the lefty thing too. And like I said, I don't think it's a great comparison.

To add to this, I definitely agree with the body control, dribbling-with-his-head-up thing.

Making his decision two weeks after visiting for senior night and saying that Duke was leading afterwards? Yah, I think he's ours.

Tomorrow is my birthday. It will be Kentucky.

He's visited UK like five times.

Hopefully, he's not affected by tournament results.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back