Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HS All-Star Games

Re: 2014 HS Allstar games

Actually, that basically describes Roy-ball.

I see K wanting to replicate the 2013 lineup, with four shooters and a dominant big man, despite the fact that he doesn't have the personnel to do it.

This will result in a Tyus/Cook/Sheed/?/Okafor lineup. Terrible rebounding and defense, but 40% shooting! So yay!

rome8180 said:
I see K wanting to replicate the 2013 lineup, with four shooters and a dominant big man, despite the fact that he doesn't have the personnel to do it.

This will result in a Tyus/Cook/Sheed/?/Okafor lineup. Terrible rebounding and defense, but 40% shooting! So yay!
Semi would be perfect for that lineup.

rome8180 said:

The difference is, as you note, we barely have 4 shooters.

On a maybe-too-optimistic note, I feel like K puts more work into the offense when he has fewer guys that can create on their own. I know our offensive efficiency overall was pretty awesome this past year, but our offense was also predictable in ways that I think may have contributed to our occasional long field-goal-less stretches. With a guy like Tyus around, and a bunch of our better players who aren't going to break people down one-on-one (Amile, Winslow, Cook), maybe we'll see fewer isos (and hopefully, more activity earlier in the shot clock).

He had excellent footwork and handled the ball well for his size. He also did a great job of reading the defense. Unlike some other players on the team, he didn't just decide he was going to score and then try to do it regardless of how the defense reacted.

This is probably the best game to get any kind of real impression of how Tyus, Winslow and Okafor will play together in a competitive game before next season. I think Tyus will be matched up with Mudiay, Okafor with Towns and Winslow with Gao Shang.

PLAYER NAME POSITION HEIGHT / WEIGHT DATE OF BIRTH HIGH SCHOOL / COLLEGE HOMETOWN
Cliff Alexander F 6-9 / 230 November 16, 1995 Curie Metropolitan H.S. / Kansas* Chicago, IL
Joel Berry II G 6-1 / 185 April 1, 1995 Lake Highland Prep School / North Carolina* Apopka, FL
James Blackmon, Jr. G 6-2 / 175 April 24, 1995 Marian H.S. / Indiana* Fort Wayne, IN
Stanley Johnson F 6-7 / 226 May 29, 1996 Mater Dei H.S. / Arizona* Fullerton, CA
Tyus Jones G 6-0 / 171 May 10, 1996 Apple Valley H.S. / Duke* Apple Valley, MN
Jahlil Okafor C 6-10 / 260 December 15, 1995 Whitney Young H.S. / Duke* Chicago, IL
Kelly Oubre F 6-7 / 190 December 9, 1995 Findlay Prep (NV) / Kansas* Fort Bend, TX
Theo Pinson F 6-6 / 185 November 5, 1995 Wesleyan Christian Academy / North Carolina* Greensboro, NC
Myles Turner C 6-11 / 240 March 24, 1996 Trinity H.S. / Undecided Bedford, TX
Justise Winslow F 6-6 / 210 March 26, 1996 St. John’s School / Duke* Houston, TX
Reid Travis C 6-7 / 215 November 25, 1995 DeLaSalle H.S. / Stanford* Minneapolis, MN
HEAD COACH: Mike Jones, DeMatha Catholic High School, MD
ASSISTANT COACH: Cory Alexander, Boo Williams AAU, VA

PLAYER NAME POSITION HEIGHT COUNTRY CURRENT TEAM
James Metecan Birsen F 6-9 Turkey Fenerbache Ülker
Clint Capela C 6-9 Switzerland ES Chalon-sur-Saone
Brandone Francis G 6-5 Dominican Republic Arlington Country Day School, Fla. / Florida*
Damien Inglis F 6-9 France Chorale de Roanne Basket
Nikoa Jokic F 6-10 Serbia KK Mega Vizura
Trey Lyles C 6-9 Canada Arsenal Technical H.S., Ind. / Kentucky*
Emmanuel Mudiay G 6-5 Democratic Republic of Congo Prime Prep Academy, Texas / Southern Methodist*
Jamal Murray G 6-6 Canada Athlete Institute
Gao Shang G 6-6 China Guangdong Southern Tigers
Karl Towns, Jr. C 6-11 Dominican Republic St. Joseph H.S., N.J. / Kentucky*
HEAD COACH: Roy Rana (Canada)
ASSISTANT COACH: Marin Sedlacek (Serbia)

Last edited by a moderator:

I am pretty sure Jamal Murray is 6-3, not 6-6. Good point guard prospect from Kitchener

Jones and Okafor immediately get wrecked on defense, Jones misses a 3, Okafor gets blocked.

Forgot this is on. Will hopefully catch the second half.

Actually, I will probably watch the hole thing later and wonder why I bothered.

These guys are great. Can't decide who will be the awesomest newcomer for Duke next season among Okafor, Jones, Winslow and Ojeleye.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom