Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Hurt is pretty much the opposite of Bolden in every way, if you think about it. Except maybe that both would rather be in art school than playing sports.

Bolden could follow his true passion of abstract fingerpainting and Hurt could follow his true passion of being a trans ballerina.
I feel like Bolden could be an effective coach simply by withholding his smiles. A Bolden smile is such a rare and wonderful thing that players would probably run through a brick wall to be bestowed such a gift.

Apparently Rowe and Watson entered crystal ball picks for Kennedy Chandler to Duke.

Fuck yes. He's a very good point guard, which is the big thing. It also helps us a lot with Banchero, as many consider them to be a potential package.

What are the players you want in every class, ideally? I would probably say: A really good two way wing, a great player (regardless of position) and a quality two-way PG who can play well immediately.

We already have a really good two-way wing in AJ Griffin. He's a top 10 player who will slide in perfectly at the 3. Good shooter, seems to be good defensively, good measurables, and good genetics. He's a beast.

Patrick Baldwin is the great player. We need to land him. He would be perfect at the 4 for us, he's high IQ, good size, shoots the lights out, has a strong overall offensive game which seems like will translate to a high level of play at Duke.

Kennedy Chandler is the point guard. He's very athletic, very good defensively, and he's regarded as one of the best PG's in the class. In the summer of 2019, he averaged 6apg, 3.3 turnovers per game. He shot 73% from the FT line.

If you add Chandler and Baldwin to Griffin, the nucleus of the class is as ideal as it gets. Then you can either fill out the class with complimentary pieces, or swing big on a guy like Banchero. Whichever way it goes would be fine since the nucleus would be incredible.

Last edited:
Now, let's rosterbate:

PG- Kennedy Chandler (Fr)
SG- DJ Steward (So)
SF- AJ Griffin (FR)/
PF- Patrick Baldwin (FR)
C- Mark Williams (So)

Obviously if Banchero comes, he starts at center, if not, a sophomore Mark Williams should be fine.

Bench: Baker, Brakefield, Coleman, and whatever else we add.

Roach is one and done?

Probably. Even if he's not, Duke has to take a commitment from Chandler or whichever point guard they identify. Can't run the risk of being left without a PG with a team with AJ Griffin and Baldwin on it.

The big question is will senior captain Tre Jones want to sit behind Roach and Chandler? Maybe K runs Jones out of the program.

So we have 6 commitments coming in, and we have: O'Connell, Goldwire, and Baker for sure returning next season. That puts us at 9 scholarships. I think that Tre Jones and Vernon Carey are 100% gone, and I think that Stanley is probably gone. I think it's likely that Wendell Moore returns, and Hurt is the question mark.

That puts us at 10 scholarship players entering next season, which is fine, everyone is going to play I would assume just as they've done this year. I would like to see us add one more commitment, a big man, preferably the Charles Bediako guy who was considering reclassifying to 2020. Then we can fill out the scholarships to Buckwire and that big white kid from Blair Academy.

How many cousins does he have? Geesh

For now, Felton said his favorite college is Duke.

LOL

A decade of star studded OADs coming through the program has made Duke the most popular school by far with Gen Z, including in state. This would have been unthinkable as recent as 10 years ago.

No mention of the more recent Felton who played for UNC? Gee, I wonder why not?

Kennedy Chandler has one official visit remaining. He's already officially visited Tennessee and Ole Miss. This weekend he OV'd to Michigan, and next weekend he is visiting Florida State.

We need to get that official visit.

Watson says he thinks we'll land Chandler, Christie, and Baldwin at the end of the latest TDD podcast.

That would give us #3, #8, #14, and #15 in the composite (as currently ranked).

My hope is we add Paolo Banchero (composite #4) to that.

I also hope we return a few guys (Roach, Baker, Brakefield, Williams, Coleman)

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom