Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2016-2017

Recently some key players on the Duke 2015 Championship team combined with some key players from the UNC 2017 Championship team.

Amile and Kennedy Meeks are obviously Kevin Durant-esque players who were held back by K and Roy. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
At what point does it become weird for Nolan Smith to be doing things like this?

As long as he's on the same court where Kennedy Meeks is draining 3's, it'll never become weird.

I'd like to see him and Scheyer re-create Old School. Nolan can be Vince Vaughn's character, Scheyer - Luke Wilson, and maybe bring back Kyle as Will Ferrell

I didn't know where else to ask this - maybe we need a "What Ever Happened To...? thread - but where is Fat Tony Parker? He graduated last year, right? Google doesn't show me anything since UCLA. Is he in Europe? China? Or working at Bojangles in Atlanta?

Lol, my "Tony Parker UCLA basketball" search did find this: Dementia Warning Signs - Take the UCLA Memory Quiz Now.‎

rhfarmer said:
This is a good read, and it further infuriates me that the staff passed on Smith. He would have been amazing running the show for Duke this year, and Frank would probably be back due to lack of PT

Also, really illustrates how trbl Gott was as a coach--how many times did Gott beat K?

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-dennis-smith-jr-nc-state-wolfpack-b220c78d9b5c

Given Frank's rise following his BYU decommitment I don't think it would've been realistic to expect both Smith and Frank to both be at Duke. The staff gambled by taking the less elite but multi-year prospect and it just didn't work out. At one time I think it was put out there that the staff suggested Jackson could come in as a HS senior and play so the expectations were incredibly high. Of course if he did come in early and ended up playing his sophomore season this year, he surely would've been out the door as a NBA prospect at this point anyway so it doesn't really explain why they dicked around with 2017 PG recruiting until Duval fell into their laps.

Bilas leading a twitter/ pr crusade to get Pitt to cave on the Cam Johnson transfer restriction so that he can attend UNC. Once Pitt caves, Roy will have added a 120 orating sharpshooter that Duke is apparently making zero effort to get.

That plus the "Tony Bradley is returning" announcement tomorrow puts UNC in the preseason top 2 with Arizona.

Twitter rumors saying Hammertime Dialtone will return to UK. May even play basketball there.

Kentucky 247 makes it sound like he is coming back.

If I understand his game correctly (freak athlete, raw on offense), I'm not sure he's the best fit for the pieces they have. They need guys that can hit shots (threes). Imagine starting Knox at the 3 and this guy at the 2? If he prevents Cam Johnson from going there, I'm not sure that's the best trade for them.

Of course, Cam Johnson is going to UNC anyway.

If he plays the 2 and Knox the 3, they will succeed through juggernaut defense and rebounding 50% of their misses.

DrKlahn said:
Why would Pitt let him go to another team in the same conference?
Not sure why a school should be able to restrict someone after they've graduated. Seems kind of strange to me.

Cheer for Buzz Williams here. Gets a guy with the ability to embarrass K out of the conference, while Hoiberg to OSU might open up the door for Collins to get the Bulls job

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30