Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Alex O'Connell

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend

YYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :D :) :P

6-5 170 SG in the Bamba/Carter/Knox/Trent/Green class.
#71 247sports composite ranking (#16 SG)

Last edited by a moderator:
latest

Him?

I actually fear that photos like those posted above will scare Bamba, Carter, Knox, Trent and basically anyone else who plays basketball competitively away from Duke.

Looks like this season will be our last as a cool program. Back to Paulus-era levels of ridicule and futility against athletic teams.

Can't wait to get blown out by St. John's in the second round of the 2019 NCAA tournament.

I watched his highlights (lol), and he's actually more athletic than I thought would be because melanin. But unless he has blown up recently or improves a lot, I don't see how he gets minutes at Duke unless recruiting falls off a cliff.

If he can be a mid-40s 3pt shooter as a junior and senior, with smart team defense and smart passing, this is fine, and he'll get playing time at that point. Andre Dawkins never got beyond the good shooting part.

Unrealistic ceiling within the realm of possibility:
Sophomore Nik Stauskas

Realistic ceiling:
College version of Thunder Anthony Morrow

Realistic floor:
Transfers after adding no value to program

Unrealistic floor within the realm of possibility:
Murdered by Hamidou Diallo

Pretty impressive video, actually. His shot has a high release point, and he did everything way quicker than I was expecting.

"He Can Score, He Can... He can... He loves Duke"

Last edited by a moderator:
I figure we would all be pretty happy if his ceiling is what Greg Paulus turned out to be at Duke. Great shooter and smart passer who needed to be hidden by his teammates in all other aspects of the game. In four years, if we're looking back on O'Connell's career thinking, "wow, he turned out to be about the same caliber of player as Greg Paulus," I'll be very satisfied. #HereComesDuke

i refuse to believe this guy is anything other than a scrub

sincerely,

tdd eye tester

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members