Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Gary Trent Jr.

Even if he puts up DT-esque efficiency numbers, I think he is leaving after one year. Most of the top 20 recruits view themselves as one-and-done. I have nothing else to base my prediction on.

Happy offseason?

Are we collectively going to be more annoyed with Trent shooting us out of games or Bolden's play in general? I think it's a race that will come down to the wire, with Bolden holding an early edge.

Don't forget the complete lack of playing time for DeLaurier and Tucker, even during games when no one on the court for Duke is playing defense or putting forth any effort. That may be frustrating to some people as well.

Are we collectively going to be more annoyed with Trent shooting us out of games or Bolden's play in general? I think it's a race that will come down to the wire, with Bolden holding an early edge.

I'm OK with gunners shooting us out of games. 7ft specimens being consistently outrebounded by guards is like nails on a chalkboard. Hitting long jump shots is difficult. Jumping and holding your arms out towards a bounding ball is a childhood skill. Inability to execute that, especially given his huge size and length advantage, is an almost insurmountable point of contention.

Written by another poster somewhere else on D-F, but this bears repeating: nbadraft.net has Trent as the #12 pick in the 2018 draft. Everyone knows Trent intends on staying only 1 year, but there is no way he'll be the 12th overall pick. Batshit crazy prognostication.

is better than I thought he would be. I expected defense and physical strength, but limited handle and poor shot selection, ball-stopping stuff.

We haven't played anyone yet, but in the three exhibitions he looked more fluid and poised than I thought he ever could.

He's going to be a nightmare for opposing teams in transition- especially if Duval makes some of the reads he did in the first exhibition game.

Trent Jr is very polished as a scorer. He's comfortable scoring in almost every scenario. Catch and shoot, transition spot up, one/two dribble into pull-up. He's really solid. His body is advanced for his age, I'm curious as to how he takes/finishes inside against bigger and longer teams. He gets off of two feet a lot in there which is good.

I'm very impressed with him. He's a nice compliment to Grayson, too.

Don't give up hope yet, he's always walking the tightrope between spectacular and shitty.

He just plays like one of those dudes that hits big shots and won’t let his team lose.

Chat users

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 1
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom