Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2016-17

It's weird that they got all aggressive with the NCAA as it seemed they were going to get away with basically a traffic ticket. Still may, but seems it's going to drag out longer. I don't understand the strategy.

More bad luck in an unfortunate season for UNC. First Pinson gets injured, now Bradley.

Last edited by a moderator:
FSU @ UNC (-7.5) is on directly after Duke @ UL on the same channel, so after watching Duke get humiliated again we can dive right into a big UNC win. Just to troll UNC fans, no matter how far behind Duke is they should continue fouling and extend the game as long as they can. The UNC game finally comes on, and they're already up 18-4. That would make me a little happier.

That's a big line. UNC couldn't put away Wake the other night, should have lost to Clemson and lost to GT. I know all those were on the road. Maybe Vegas buys into the Duke game is everyone's Super Bowl.

I am just going to go ahead and say they win the title this year. Not only do I think they are as good or better than last year, but I think their returning players probably have that extra motivation that comes from almost winning.

Also, and from a less intellectually valid point of view, it just seems like this is the year when all of life is horrible.

They won't win the title this year but they are damn sure sweeping the most talented team K has ever assembled.

Only five more games before we play these guys and as of right now the two teams are playing completely different versions of the sport.

Did UNC really have a ceremony awarding Roy for getting 800 wins (382 of which were actually at UNC)?

UNC's road opponents this season, as currently ranked on kenpom:

Average: 64
Median: 53

Duke:

Average: 27
Median: 27

Congrats to UNC on another ACC regular season title.

I'm excluding the Duke vs. UNC games to be fair to UNC in this comparison. UNC is higher ranked than Duke, so it hurts UNC more than Duke to include those games.

Yes, home games matter, too, but I hope there's no explanation needed for why road games against good teams are generally much more harmful than home games against good teams when we're talking about programs that are expected to win the vast majority of their games.

Staggering, but unsurprising. And this of course gets no attention for seeding purposes. It feels like we're playing men's tennis, just holding serve at home and hoping for a break on the road.

If there were SoMeone on The board who was capable of looking up ThosE away gaMe comps for the last few years, it would be great on the blog.

It makes sense for the conference to want Duke playing big time conference road games since I'm sure those games get much better ratings for the ACC than any non-Duke vs UNC game.

I looked at kenpom's conference SOS for Duke and UNC over the last several seasons, and it looks like UNC plays a tougher schedule as often as Duke does. However, I have no idea how much home vs away is weighted his calculation, and the two Duke/UNC games are included in that calculation.

65% OR in the first half. 16 OR for UNC, 10 TR for VT.

UNC 19 1st half 3s. They will win the championship because Roy turned into K.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom