Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2016-17

I remain unconvinced that UK would stay within 10 of UNC in the absence of another perfect game from Monk. The fact that Memphis will be a home atmosphere for UK is probably the only real advantage UK would have, and that's not insignificant, considering that UNC hasn't exactly been awesome in unfriendly environments this season.

Still, I think Kansas is our best hope. They're just ripping teams apart.

I don't like how Kansas only starts one big. Feels like Hicks would go nuts inside against Josh Jackson or that Euro guy, whoever they use to guard the 4.

The good news is that if Kansas gets up early, Roy will start rooting for them.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
I don't like how Kansas only starts one big. Feels like Hicks would go nuts inside against Josh Jackson or that Euro guy, whoever they use to guard the 4.

Jackson is no different than Tatum in that regard. However, Kansas does much better with ball pressure than Duke, so even if Hicks is a mismatch, he won't get the ball wide open an inch from the rim against Kansas. One of my brackets had Kansas going all the way, I'm not surprised they are crushing people.

Kansas is just a better version of Duke. UNC was 0-2 against us away from home this year, and Self is all up in Roy's head even more than K. I do wish they still had Azuibuike available.

deeyoukayeee said:
Kansas is just a better version of Duke. UNC was 0-2 against us away from home this year, and Self is all up in Roy's head even more than K. I do wish they still had Azuibuike available.

Bragg isn't useless.

Not at all, he and that Coleby dude are perfectly legit cannon fodder. Kansas is really just K's wet dream - a great perimeter shooting team who can apply good on-ball pressure with a few big bodies who bang, rebound and do not sulk, transfer. Azubuike would be superfluous to K, but with Self he'd make this team unbeatable at this point.

Remember when a bunch of us were encouraged by that KU game? "We almost beat a top 5 team with 3 lottery picks out injured and Grayson playing hurt. Just wait until those 4 guys are healthy and dominating!" :lol: Fucking idiots.

physicsfactor said:
Remember when a bunch of us were encouraged by that KU game? "We almost beat a top 5 team with 3 lottery picks out injured and Grayson playing hurt. Just wait until those 4 guys are healthy and dominating!" :lol: **** idiots.

Haha I have to admit, I was one of many. Sucks - hard to get see what is happening in the brackets, knowing we could be in the Final 4.

I suggest we all become South Carolina fans and change the name of this place to cocks-forum.com.

It's amazing to think that the NCAA investigation has actually been a blessing in disguise for UNC, forcing them to get lesser recruits that all stick around for 3-4 years. They've backed into the best strategy in the OAD era -- outside of Coach Cal.

I don't think that's it. I think it's that their last two "good" recruiting classes are juniors and seniors now. There are 5 McDAAs in those classes.

Yeah, I believe the next few seasons will show more of the effect we expected to see. Still, you have to admire Roy's ability to hang on to 5 McDAAs for more than three years, along with his ability to make his 50+ ranked players look semi-playable - something Duke can't seem to do with anyone ranked outside of the top 10.

Roy has already gone 10 deep with net positive minutes from Stillman White and Luke Maye. Why would you ever go play at Duke if you aren't a top 10 recruit. Never see the floor

National Champions. Kris Jenkins kept it from being Back to Back.

Could you imagine that fanbase if they had gone back to back?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back