Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2017 NCAA Tournament

Congrats on earning a 2 seed. Here's your road game with UNC fans also in the house! I hope K goes off on the committee for this in the postgame.

I hope he doesn't. Don't need anymore whiny heat.

I mean, they gave up 65 points in a half to that team. That team also went 25-30 from the line.

Welp, I've seen my last college basketball game for the season. And fuck this season, anyway.

I think that's now 4(or 5?) times that Duke and UNC have shared a pod, and each time, it has been a disaster or near-disaster for Duke. For UNC it's been either fine or a near-disaster each time, no actual disasters. This is going to keep happening in the future. Next year, Duke might spare itself the trouble by not being a top-4 seed, but if it is, Duke and UNC will share either Charlotte or wherever they move it to. This will keep happening as long as Roy Williams and his replacement Gregg Marshall are at UNC, and as long as K is able to squeeze 25 win seasons out of Duke.

Next year I would expect UVA to be good again. When they're good, it sometimes forces one of Duke/unc out of the North Carolina pod depending on geography. This happened in 2015 when unc was the worst of the three.

deepdarkblue said:
Welp, I've seen my last college basketball game for the season. And fuck this season, anyway.
I said this last year. Then at the very end I checked the score of the UNC/Nova game and decided to turn it on for some schadenfreude. Then UNC rallied, and I thought I had really fucked up. So yeah, I should be done now unless the championship game is something like WVU vs Michigan. I would probably watch that.

Tonight's games:

Michigan vs. Oregon (+1)

WVU vs. Gonzaga (-3.5)

Purdue vs. Kansas (-5)

Xaxier vs. Arizona ( -7.5)

I would think basically root for Kansas and the two favorites out West and Michigan/Oregon matters less. I have a feeling Kansas is losing to Purdue tonight, paving the way for the UNC title. Purdue is top 10 nationally in defensive rebounding. Would've been nice for them to have been UNC's 4 seed and play them in this round.

Tomorow is:

Butler vs. UNC (-7.5)

SCAR vs. Baylor (-3.5)

UCLA vs. Kentucky (Pick em)

Wisconsin vs. Florida (-2)

The Michigan-Xavier-South Carolina-UNC Final Four will be so great.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
bdotling said:
Man Swanigan is so much better than I thought he would be

We'll just have to wait to compare Jeter's 2019 and 2020 seasons at Nevada to these two Swanigan seasons before we can draw any real conclusions about who the better player is.
Move over, Shog. We have a new insider.

Zags -8.5 against Xavier tomorrow (seems high). Would've really loved Arizona/Gonzaga to guarantee either #1 Kenpom or a home team coming out of the West. Guess we'll just have to hope for the Zags.

Kansas is a 6.5 point favorite against Oregon.

Did it not obviously make sense to miss the second shot intentionally there?

With 4 seconds left, a miss would have made it impossible to get down fast enough to get a 2-point shot off anyway, in which case it wouldn't have mattered if they were up by 1 or 2.

This was almost the exact setting as the Duke-Butler decision, except Duke was already up 2, so intentionally missing carried a much greater risk than it would have here. This one seemed like a no-brainer.

Pantone287 said:
Did it not obviously make sense to miss the second shot intentionally there?

With 4 seconds left, a miss would have made it impossible to get down fast enough to get a 2-point shot off anyway, in which case it wouldn't have mattered if they were up by 1 or 2.

This was almost the exact setting as the Duke-Butler decision, except Duke was already up 2, so intentionally missing carried a much greater risk than it would have here. This one seemed like a no-brainer.

Totally agree - should have missed. Would not have had enough time to get settled and get down the court..

On a side note - I still can't get this bitter taste out of my mouth that we are not in the tournament - seeing how this bracket opened up for us.

Just sucks. Giles just declare already - so I have something else to get mad about.

KU (-7) vs. Oregon

Gonzaga (-8) v. Xavier

Florida (-3.5) vs. USCar

UNC (-2.5) vs. UK

Was the ACC really as overrated as the tournament shows? Is the SEC equally underrated?

If UK beats UNC, I think that's a resounding "Yes".

Is Florida favored over a team it already lost to twice?

Quick check...

Nope, Regular season split.

Funny how likeable humble, sarcastic Coach Cal is. The best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am jinxing it, but a Gonzaga-Kansas final with the Zags winning would be ideal.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back