Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2017 NCAA Tournament

It'd be poetic to have the most disappointing season end in the most disappointing way.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
During the past year, the following events have occurred:

Cubs come back from 3-1 down to win their first World Series in over 100 years.

Cavs come back from 3-1 down to win their first NBA title ever.

Patriots come back from 25 down in the 2nd half and a 0.03% win probability at one point to win the Super Bowl.

Clemson football comes back in the final second to beat Alabama and win their 2nd national title.

UConn women's basketball loses in the Final Four after 111 straight wins and 4 straight national titles.

Donald Trump is elected President.

The heavily favored UNC men's basketball wins the national title easily over less talented opponents.
"One of these things is not like the other…"

"One of these things just doesn't belong…"

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is a better chance of UNC losing a previous national championship than not winning tomorrow's. I will win 950 dollars that I don't want to win from three consecutive UNC moneyline bets when they win tomorrow. Not sure why I bet so little when the money is of no consolation.

Gonzaga has looked the part of a national champion maybe once this tournament- 2nd half against Xavier.

At least we didn't miss a good game. The Ugliest National Championship Ever?

There were foul shots; officiating reviews; more foul shots; coaches’ timeouts and commercial breaks; and even more foul shots. And then, between all the stoppages of play, there was the ugly basketball.

Gonzaga had its worst offensive night of the season. North Carolina hit 14.8% of its 3-pointers. The referees called 27 fouls in the second half alone, and that was four more than the total number of made shots in this period. LeBron James spoke for millions of people attempting to enjoy the game at home when he tweeted: “I can’t watch this anymore man!”

Gonzaga and North Carolina, in fact, played the mandatory 20 minutes of basketball in the second half. But it never seemed that way because there was also 45 minutes, 17 seconds of deadball time.
There were 19 instances in the second half when the playing time between whistles amounted to less than 20 seconds, and there was so little rhythm to the half that its longest uninterrupted stretch was less than two minutes.

Lavar Ball now blaming the white kids on UCLA's team for them not winning the title.

It's really weird that you responded to a post on the CBB thread about an hour ago that was about this topic.

I was confused by your post until I went back and looked at the posts above yours in the CBB thread. I did not realize your comment about the 2010 team was in response to Ball's comments.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back