Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jordan Goldwire

torontoduke said:

The first time I loaded this page, that showed up as a blank space where the image should have been. It would've fit the first post perfectly if that was intentional.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is Goldwire's game like? Is he like a Tyler Thornton? A little more athletic, maybe a better scorer but a lesser off ball defender?

What is Goldwire's game like? Is he like a Tyler Thornton? A little more athletic, maybe a better scorer but a lesser off ball defender?

All I've seen is some videos. Based on them, I'm not sure any of those are definitely true. I'm not sold on his jumper at all, though some of the shots on film look pretty. Goldwire's probably a bit better driver than TT, in that he's craftier and a bit quicker with the ball. TT was a really heady off-ball defender, so I assume you're right on that one.

I assume Goldwire will be not nearly as good as Thornton. Thornton was probably the best recruit relative to ranking we've ever had. We can't just compare every low-ranked recruit to Thornton.

I should also point out that Goldwire is #392 on the composite. TT was just under 127. I'm not writing JG off completely, but there's very little chance he ever contributes for us.

Agree Rome. JG is no where near Tyler's level at the same time. He's more JD Simpson than Thor.

His handle seems way too loose for a PG, let alone one for an elite D1 program. His jumpshot doesn't seem too bad. Seems comfortable in a high pick n roll situation and really likes to pass out of it

His jumpshot looks fine on some shots but from in front of his face on others. Hopefully he can get some consistency with it if he ever gets to play.

His handle seems way too loose for a PG, let alone one for an elite D1 program. His jumpshot doesn't seem too bad. Seems comfortable in a high pick n roll situation and really likes to pass out of it

His dribble is definitely too loose. He has a high dribble a lot too, which I don't like. I think he more potential than the 300+ ranked player he is, though. If he works hard and the staff works with him, his ball handling for example, along with being very thing, should both improve to the point where they are no longer negatives against his game.

Played way earlier than any other backup guards though. Seems like he might be the 8th guy in the rotation out of necessity.

He had some bad turnovers in scrub time. In the first half, I thought he looked fine.

He forced some stuff but I think K is going to play him a few minutes a game as the back up. He looks to be a solid 4 year backup PG. Will be nice to have that.

I wonder if the liberal subs were just to keep us well rested for a back to back given the game was decided in the first 2-3 min

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back