Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jordan Tucker

I like to think that's his entire shot chart. Twos are for uncivilized savages and are beneath him.

What an unnecessary recruit. Why don't we just allocate those 3s to Duval and Trent instead, and play them each 40mpg?

Jordan Tucker re-tweeted this. He gets it.

Last edited by a moderator:
childress22 said:
What an unnecessary recruit. Why don't we just allocate those 3s to Duval and Trent instead, and play them each 40mpg?

Sadly, K's track record suggests he will do exactly this.

Or we can look on the positive side of this for him. He could be on stand by if Trent and Duval go down with lower leg injuries before Christmas.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
childress22 said:

Exactly. This is my point. It's not hard to understand.

rome8180 said:
childress22 said:

It's not hard to understand; It's just a ridiculous point. We always have a perimeter player averaging double-figure minutes off the bench. That is the relevant track record.

Y'all make it seem like you think K is going to allocate more minutes to Vrankovic or DeLaurier than to Tucker. Is that what the track record is telling you?

in close games, K plays 6 guys, maybe a 7th guy token minutes. Most people don't think about or care about 10 minutes in garbage time against bad teams. As bad as Duke's roster looks next season, a freshman ranked in the 50-100 range still is no lock to make that top 6.5. I don't understand how saying this can make someone so dismayed.

Duval, Allen, Trent, Carter and Bolden will get minutes, and in Bolden's case, whether they're deserved or not. That leaves 1.5 spots for real minutes in K's world. Claiming Tucker is surely going to beat out DeLaurier, Vrankovic, O'Connell and White is a sad conversation about Duke basketball, and also kind of crazy.

Optimists at various points have talked up Jack White as the next Harpring, Vrankovic as the next Zoubek, DeLaurier as an athletic freak with great defensive potential, Goldwire as not a total waste, and O'Connell as "kind of decent maybe in 3 years" and "not awful in that YouTube video, or am I losing my mind."

We can't think of all these guys as great decisions by the staff and also believe all of them will play. Something we can all agree on is K will not play 10 guys in a non-blowout.

In the tiny sprinkling of minutes he played, Jack White looked like someone who could earn playing time while at Duke. Whether it actually happens, who the fuck knows, but he made 3's and rebounded and only looked lost half the time. K does like people who can make 3's. If Tucker can look only half lost, and can also make 3's, he can vie for minutes with Jack White.

FWIW, that's a very impressive and useful 3 PT chart for a potential Duke player.

childress22 said:
rome8180 said:
childress22 said:

It's not hard to understand; It's just a ridiculous point. We always have a perimeter player averaging double-figure minutes off the bench. That is the relevant track record.
And you couldn't site one example of a guy ranked where Tucker is who did that as a freshman. The best you could do was Thornton, who overachieved and still only hit 9.9 minutes. And that's one guy total. That is the relevant track record.

That's not even getting into the fact that Tucker is more of a 3, a position that K has shown himself perfectly willing to dispense with altogether even when the options are far better.

rome8180 said:
And you couldn't site one example of a guy ranked where Tucker is who did that as a freshman. The best you could do was Thornton, who overachieved and still only hit 9.9 minutes. And that's one guy total. That is the relevant track record.

Yes, the gist of our disagreement is whether ranking matters more than the makeup of the roster. How many teams have we fielded in the past 20 years that only had five players on the roster ranked in the top 40 in their recruiting class? But that's where we are for next year.

Someone's going to play perimeter minutes off the bench, and the pool of players to do it would seem to be Tucker, O'Connell, and Goldwire. Unless you consider White a guard, which I don't. So, unless we for the first time since 1992* have no guard off the bench get double-figure minutes, the track record you mention will be broken.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom