Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hypothetical team

I feel like Josh Hairston deserves consideration.

Yeah but fan's perception of his suckage was pretty in line with how much he sucked

Yeah - I left off Josh because I agree with the default fan perception of him.
I am thinking the Sr (or last year) version of each of these players as that is the version that the fans hate on and is probably the best version of them
I left off transfers because fans don't irrationally think that they should have played less - they hate them for other reasons.
Similar to why I would not include Sulaimon - fans don't irrationally think that he should have played less - they hate him for other reasons.

Ah, OK, I didn't read the fine print closely enough.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Doesn't make a lot of sense to say a team would be better than 2007 Duke but not better than any recent teams. 2007 Duke was better than 2012 and 2016, and not far off 2009, 2014 and 2017, in terms of Kenpom's adjusted efficiency margin. A testament to how terrible K's defensive coaching has been recently, and how surprising this would be to the average Duke fan.

Yeah, singling out 2007 does not make a lot of sense on my part. I think that it would be better than 2007 because McRoberts and Paulus really needed a 1st option to play with on offense as they were much better as complimentary players than as the man IMHO and Rivers could play that role very well for them. ...at the same time I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that this collection of underappreciated players could beat a team with Parker and Hood, Ingram and Grayson, or Tatum and Kennard. But I agree that my focus on individual matchups is misguided.

TS9 said:
Ah, OK, I didn't read the fine print closely enough.

meh - my peculiar version of a hypothetic team is not the only way to construct one. I think a team of transfers could be crazy good.

Billy Mcaffrey (I am sure I misspelled that...) averaged 20 and 5 as a pg at Vandy
Silent G and Elliott Williams on the wing both turned into great players
Semi was a great stretch 4 who may have played his was into the NBA draft this year.

Just missing a center - maybe Burgess?

...or Jeter and DT - they have not played at their destinations yet, but it is reasonable to believe that they will turn into good starters at the college level.

This hypothetical team would probably be very good - possibly better than all but our title contending teams.

Josh Hairston should have been given 0.1 minutes a game his whole career.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back