Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

Just mentioning it since you included him with those other guys -- Marty Clark was a freshman in 1991, like Grant/Lang/Ast/Blakeney. He finished his career at Duke, of course, but not til 1993-94 (as the sixth leading scorer on that should-have-won-a-championship team).

Eric Meeks was also on that 92 team in addition to Parks. IIRC he was drafted in the 2nd round, though I dont think he ever played an NBA game.

Okay, we didn't go small in this one. But we did spread them out with a lot of Nolan-Seth-Singler-Kelly.

Lol at how every Duke-UNC game is the same. Duke comes out and looks like it hasn't scouted UNC at all. UNC dominates on the glass and in transition. Duke goes small in the 2nd half, hits a bunch of shots, UNC falls apart, Roy is sad.

The amount of large/improbable comebacks we have had on them is wild. 2011 Home, 2012 Rivers game, 2015 OT home, 2016 road with Thornton, 2017 ACCT, 2018 home, 2019 ACCT, 2020 OT road.

Can you think of the opposite occurring in the Roy era? I think 2005 Chapel Hill is the only one that fits that criteria? Maybe 2014 Chapel
Hill too but don’t fully recall when we lost that lead.

Lol at how every Duke-UNC game is the same. Duke comes out and looks like it hasn't scouted UNC at all. UNC dominates on the glass and in transition. Duke goes small in the 2nd half, hits a bunch of shots, UNC falls apart, Roy is sad.

The amount of large/improbable comebacks we have had on them is wild. 2011 Home, 2012 Rivers game, 2015 OT home, 2016 road with Thornton, 2017 ACCT, 2018 home, 2019 ACCT, 2020 OT road.

Can you think of the opposite occurring in the Roy era? I think 2005 Chapel Hill is the only one that fits that criteria? Maybe 2014 Chapel
Hill too but don’t fully recall when we lost that lead.
2014 - Duke was up 51-40 with 15 min left. That was the highest win probability. Roy went with the bold strategy to play that zone and leave Rodney Hood open over and over. Duke would then score just one FT on two of its next 14 possessions to lead 53-51. Good times!

Really though, that one shouldn’t count since that Duke team collapsed vs everyone.

I was looking at Real Plus-Minus just now. Kyrie is 14th, Tatum 18th, and Zion 24th. Ridiculous that Zion is 24th despite being on a mediocre team and not being very good at defense yet. Kyrie will soon only be our 3rd best NBA player, imo.

Ingram all the way down at 88th. Redick is 22nd in Offensive Real Plus-Minus but his Defensive Real Plus-Minus is so bad he ends up a slightly negative player overall. Zion is 13th in ORPM.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back