Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2013 Discussion Thread

Rollins

All American
Post your thoughts on the 2013 team and general Duke Football discussion.

Yes I am bored, but I want a place to bounce my thoughts and observations around that isn't TDD.

-I parked by the practice facilities and was able to enter with zero barriers to entry.

-The practice facility is pretty awesome. I haven't been in the Pascal field house since it was under construction but it's nice to know we have top of the line capabilities when it comes to practice fields. My only complaint is I wish we had maybe an additional 70 yard grass field just to be able to simulate grass play. It's not a big deal but Auburn did it so I'm assuming there was a purpose.

-I have no idea what they use the Brooks Field house for other than holding Press conferences and housing visiting teams. It's a nice building but I wonder if they will re-locate the visiting team locker room closer to Wallace Wade when they get rid of the track and bring the video board closer to the bowl.

Will Duke finally beat GTech/Paul Johnson?

I wish the Navy game had been schedule before the GTech game. Duke would've been more prepared for GTech after playing Navy (which also runs a triple option iirc).

WorldStar HipHop said:
Will Duke finally beat GTech/Paul Johnson?

I wish the Navy game had been schedule before the GTech game. Duke would've been more prepared for GTech after playing Navy (which also runs a triple option iirc).

It can't hurt playing GT early in the season, and interestingly enough they have a bye week 2 and we play week 3. I actually think this helps us as we will be the first D1 game they play. Last year it took them half the season to get in gear as they lost to the likes of Middle Tennessee. The worrisome part about GT is the annual potential to have 2-3 lineman destroy their knee because of a chop block.

-The football museum on the ground floor of the Yoh has been outfitted with nice wooden tables and chairs for team meals. I imagine there is close to a meal a day being served in here during the summer. The museum is nice but I almost wish they would completely renovate this room to accommodate team meals in the most efficient manner.

-Hopefully there are some funds being allocated for upgrades to the Yoh when the renovations start in December.

-I'm curious what they will do with the space between the practice fields and the scoreboard when the track gets removed. I say this because it sounds like the enclosure of the bowl won't take place until a few more years down the road.

Close to half the class.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has Elaine Benes' skill with the exclamation point.

I like how the late nights in the office pic shows exactly no one in the office.

Duke has 10 jersey combos. So hyped for this game.

Topher said:
Duke has 10 jersey combos. So hyped for this game.
For others, click to 8:10 to get to the Duke selection.

I really think Duke is wasting a golden opportunity to be unique of any other program and honor the school's distinct architecture by not using Duke Stone as the lining of the lower wall that will encircle the stadium. I know the Duke Stone supply is almost exhausted but I wish a suitable replacement could be used.

It would be such a good look.

I completely agree with you on that Rollins. I'm hoping that with the new wall being built once the field gets lowered we wil consider it. Would give it something similar to "between the hedges," maybe something like "in the quarry," although that is kind of cheesy.

gilbert-brooks.jpg

I think this is one of the walk-ons this year. He also might wrestle.

Gilbert Brooks.

Mike Ramsey, the DT recruit listed at 280.

Korona and Brander, the OT's are thin at 255 and 260.

All the defensive backfield guys are listed as CB's. I'm guessing coaches will have them all working at a variety of positions.

Working on an interview with an NFL Draft scout for cbssports.com now on some of Duke's players. I'll post it when I get done.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back