Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2015-2016 Discussion

Shades of Duke/UNC 2005 in Cameron

Last edited by a moderator:
The team has another shot at not humiliating Duke University and all associated with it on prime time national TV next week.

Miami game will be 7pm on ESPNU. Miami will be pretty irate. Worst loss in program history today.

Hell yeah on the win today! I didn't have much faith once Martin missed. Great win!

Duke should be favored by about a TD but they won't be because how can they be favored by that much over a team that has so much more talent?

What a joke:

I hate when old people do that bullshit old people thing ("I had to walk 10 miles to school, I'm so old"), but in this case, come on. Here we have a current Duke senior writing about how far Duke football has come in the past four years, rising from the depths of being a fringe bowl team, seemingly with no idea that Duke football was winning 0-1 games per season just a few years earlier.

Sounds like Miami's starting QB will be out for the Duke game. He is supposedly good despite Miami being bad.

No Vegas line until Kaaya's status is better known.

I'd say with Kaaya the vegas line would probably be around Duke +4 or so.
With Kaaya and Golden, Duke +1.5~pickem
Without Kaaya or Golden Duke -3.5
Without Kaaya and with Golden I'd go with Duke -9

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Now that Duke has reestablished itself as a program that can blow out the worst teams in FBS, it's time to check in on Sagarin.
http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Duke is 27th on Sagarin Predictor. For more perspective, Duke would be a 2-point underdog to Ohio State on a neutral field in this system. Sagarin would also have Michigan as a 21-point favorite over Michigan State this Saturday, so I'm not sure how good the system is right now.

The remaining spreads for Duke should be:

Duke by 2 at VT
Duke by 8 vs Miami
UNC by 1 vs Duke
Duke by 8 vs Pitt
Duke by 13 at UVA
Duke by 12 at Wake

I guess the expected season result is to lose one of the two games at VT and at UNC, and to lose one of the other four games. That should be good enough to earn the right to be humiliated by Clemson in the ACC title game.

Just can't see Duke being a heavy favorite vs Pitt, but the Pitt UNC game will tell a big story.

Line finally out for Miami game. Duke favored by 10 points. In line with Sagarin, but probably would've only been 6-7 points with Kaaya playing, which would've underrated Duke relative to Sagarin as usual.

Given that they probably have a bunch of 4/5 star talent at most positions, that line is still incredibly high to me. Is Kaaya definitely out?

Don't feel comfortable over that line either. Has Vegas finally had enough of underrating Duke?

Brad Kaaya's mom is Felicia from the movie Friday. That's all I could find when trying to get a definitive answer on his status. Seems doubtful but they're holding out hope.

Kaaya wasn't even listed as a captain by Miami this week.

I didn't realize how bad the drop-off is to his backup, Malik Rosier. Rosier is a redshirt freshman who was a consensus 3-star recruit. His season (and career) stats: 9 for 28 (32.1%), 66 passing yards (2.4 yards per attempt), 0 TD, 2 INT, 8 rushes, 5 rushing yards (0.6 yards per rush).

I can't believe Duke is about to lose this one.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back