Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2019 Kickoff Classic

Always happy when Duke plays in Atlanta and it'll be pretty sick to be in the new Mercedes-Benz stadium.

Time to shock the world.

Not going to sugarcoat it, I think this is really fucking stupid. Like jacmac said, hope the money is good.

Maybe Saban will be retired by then? If not, what a stupid ass game to schedule.

I thought playing Notre Dame in South Bend was a stupid idea when that game was scheduled as well. Not that there was a choice.

physicsfactor said:
Not going to sugarcoat it, I think this is really fucking stupid. Like jacmac said, hope the money is good.

my feelings exactly

Except several starters. Bama's dudes are all taking the good stuff. I would rather our starting QB not die in week 1.

dukeman92 said:
Duke has nothing to lose here.

Except a bunch of guys getting hurt from playing NFL players and it derailing the entire season.

Duke doesn't gain anything by playing NCCU every year, with apologies to NCCU.

physicsfactor said:
rhfarmer said:
Duke doesn't gain anything by playing NCCU every year, with apologies to NCCU.
They gain a sure win toward bowl eligibility

I get that, but I think Duke needs to continue to grow the program from, "look we went to a bowl", which has been a fantastic accomplishment under Cut, into we can beat legitimate D1 football teams on our home field every year so we don't have to schedule games that don't make our players better.

The home loss to UVa this year was particularly egregious in hindsight.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back