Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

I thought the pilot of Marry Me was excellent. The dialogue was really sharp and it had more than a few laugh-out-loud moments. Ken Marino is a natural.

The best thing I've seen recently, though is Review. Has anyone else watched this? The premise is awesome -- the main character is the host of a reality show where he reviews life experiences instead of movies or whatever. People send him questions like "What's it like to steal?", and then he has to go out and live the experience as thoroughly as possible.

The thing I like most about the show is that there's a larger arc to it. The life experiences he reviews have consequences for him in his real life. And the show gets darker and darker as he's taken to an increasingly desperate place.

Is the Amazon.com political show with John Goodman worthwhile? I never read Doonesbury so I don't know if the humor is the same or not.

Is that the one where Goodman "went to UNC" and someone else "went to Duke" and that causes a rift in the house? Dead serious. I think that was a foundation of some drama in an article I read months ago.

Topher said:
Is that the one where Goodman "went to UNC" and someone else "went to Duke" and that causes a rift in the house? Dead serious. I think that was a foundation of some drama in an article I read months ago.

I watched one episode when it first came out, I think. Anyway, according to wiki:

Starring[edit]
John Goodman as Gil John Biggs, a U.S. Senator from North Carolina, former basketball coach of the North Carolina Tar Heels.
Clark Johnson as Robert Bettencourt, a Black Republican and U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania who is currently eighth in seniority.
Matt Malloy as Louis Laffer, a U.S. Senator from Nevada who owns the house where the four Senators live
Mark Consuelos as Andy Guzman, a Marco Rubio-like U.S. Senator from Florida.
Yara Martinez as Adriana de Portago, Andy Guzman's girlfriend and Cuban-American heiress who runs a super PAC that assists Republican campaigns.
Alicia Sable as Tammy Stackhouse, a legislative assistant to Senator Biggs.
Julie White as Maddie Biggs, the demanding wife of Senator Biggs.

rome8180 said:
I thought the pilot of Marry Me was excellent. The dialogue was really sharp and it had more than a few laugh-out-loud moments. Ken Marino is a natural.

The best thing I've seen recently, though is Review. Has anyone else watched this? The premise is awesome -- the main character is the host of a reality show where he reviews life experiences instead of movies or whatever. People send him questions like "What's it like to steal?", and then he has to go out and live the experience as thoroughly as possible.

The thing I like most about the show is that there's a larger arc to it. The life experiences he reviews have consequences for him in his real life. And the show gets darker and darker as he's taken to an increasingly desperate place.
I liked the pilot a lot too, but the second episode wasn't nearly as good to me, interested to see what you think. Will check out Review, on Comedy Central?

Yeah, it's on Comedy Central.

I'll be interested to see what they do with the second season. It's been renewed, but there's no definite air date. And the end of the first season almost makes it seem like the story is over.

Just finished the first season of Peaky Blinders on netflix and it's well worth a watch. Great cast and nice pace for a six episode series, and now I'll have to find a way to watch the second season online.

Duck was an asshole in Mad Men and Duck is an asshole in Homeland.

aiw said:
Homeland

Brodylol

That was some serious psy-op shit going on.

And about Lockhart:

I guess I never realized this before because we've only ever gotten to see him dealing with intra-agency stuff, but tonight, it dawned on me that he may be a dick, but he's OUR dick.

Looking forward to the "Arrow" and "The Flash" crossover event that's coming up in a couple weeks. Both have had entertaining seasons to this point so it should be great.

Homeland has turned the corner. Last week's episode was very good, this week's was great. So all of Seasons 1 and 2 should be watched, Season 3 can be skipped, Season 4 episodes 1-6 can be fast forwarded through mostly, and Season 4 episode 7 onward should be watched.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom