Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Wow at this Thunder lineup: Westbrook, Perkins and Collison as the bigs, Perry Jones and Lance Thomas as the "wings"

So Cavs' dream team will start the season 0-2? If they can't beat the Knicks at home, zero chance they beat the Bulls.

At least Kyrie was good, I guess. Was Lebron's plan to return home, lose a lot of weight, and mail it in for the rest of his career?

I think Lebron has some terminal disease. This explains his overly-serious mood at media day, his weight loss, his shitty play in all but one game of the preseason and tonight. He just wants to get his kids as much money as possible before the truth comes out.

I'm only half joking.

The franchise is done. They're not making the playoffs with Durant and Westbrook both out for 20 games. They probably go about 5-15, putting them at 5-17 by the time they get either of them back, and neither will be 100%. You don't come back from that in the West. Durant isn't sticking around to play with a 2nd star who is injured every season and for a front office that doesn't spend money to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Smith on Kenneth Faried:

"I don't respond to nobody that has dreadlocks and plays basketball," Smith said. "I don't respond to people like that. The man's a clown, man. Quote me on that, too."

Josh Smith's teammate, Cartier Martin, has dreadlocks.

Jeez, basketball falling apart. This will steer more kids to the far safer sport of football.

LeBron will be fine, I think -- has to adjust to his new body, new offense, etc. That said, I'm baffled by people expecting an MVP year out of him. He's got two younger All-NBA teammates who will likely get plenty of touches, and more minutes than he does. Even if the Cavs were to get the best record, his numbers won't standout next to Love and Irving.

Also, he can't get the MVP if Anthony Davis gets it.

Why the new body, though? Part of what makes him so good is his sheer physical dominance. It's not like he wasn't fast with all that weight.

I know i'm complaining about RCF again, but what the hell is wrong with them? I thought Kyrie had a great game last night and there are still posters ripping him for the game in the thread about it. Does he have to go 30/10 on 60% shooting with lockdown defense every night to appease these guys?

He clearly had the best game of anyone on the team.

I mean, 22/7/5/2. What do they want?

OptimusPrime
Back in 2002
He stopped the ball on offense and did what he does, pounded the ball. He wasn't invisible on defense at least, and he did shoot well. He wasn't the most egregious ball stopper either, so there's that. Kyrie wasn't the reason we lost.

That's a compliment, guess.

ice cream man
In the Rotation

Mostly agree. He definitely didn't get up and down the floor as fast as he should have. He made a few really dumb plays with the ball. Still way to much dribbling. Make a move or make a pass...
Defense was not terrible but he and the other wings really stalled our offense.

What the fuck. He had 7 assists.

godfather
NBA Starter
I didn't think Kyrie played that well to be honest. I know he filled up the stat sheet, but his defense was horrendous, he still dribbles too damn much, and took some bad shots down the stretch.

He was trying to save the team from losing after a horrible LeBron game. And I thought his defense was fair. Not good, not bad, but fair.

I wanna burn that whole board into the ground.

I didn't look but my guess is they loved whatever mediocre line Dion Waiters put up.

I have to admit that this is one of those rare times I disagree with PER for measuring a player's value. I think he is far better than his PER suggests.

Maybe it just comes back to the problem of measuring defense.

He's worth the max as a top 5 overall SG but he's not worth half as much as Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant. That's a problem for the NBA to fix.

Lebron making me look foolish, though it did take him 30 shots to do so.

The team only shot 39% overall and 20% from three, so obviously the offense has yet to click. Granted, they were playing one of the league's best defenses.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back