Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

I just called Frontier, since I actually live there and was curious. Their residential sales people had no idea they even offered gigabit, and the fastest they showed for my building was 24 megabits, so I guess it's only for business.

Idiot sales lady even replied to my inquiries about gigabit internet with, "Sir, you're thinking of cellular data plans. We offer internet speeds in megabits, not gigabytes."

"Respectfully, ma'am, you are retarded."

Are you in an apartment? Talk to your property manager and get them to negotiate with Frontier.

Yeah. I wouldn't pay for it even if we had it though, so I probably won't, I was just curious.

The College Rape Overcorrection: Sexual assault on campus is a serious problem. But efforts to protect women from a putative epidemic of violence have led to misguided policies that infringe on the civil rights of men.

Don't get me wrong - rape and sexual assault are heinous crimes, especially when perpetrated against minors and the elderly. I have no love lost for rapists, and knowing several victims, I definitely sympathize and support them.

But with that being said, what a read after the UVa./Rolling Stone debacle.

picard.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/watch-u-navy-laser-weapon-two-ships-video-173218470.html

That's cool, but a computer should track targets. You shouldn't need a guy with a joystick having to aim that thing.

aiw said:
That's cool, but a computer should track targets. You shouldn't need a guy with a joystick having to aim that thing.

Agreed but where is the fun in that?

Needs more testing!

Yeah, that's definitely going to be an automated process... maybe the operator will get to press the "shoot" button... but that's it.

So apparently Obama has reestablished trade and travel ties with Cuba. Havana is going to be a popular destination.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nati ... -hanukkah/

As a Jew, this article cracks me up.

“Jesus is the reason for the season,” Williams said at a Tuesday ceremony, according to MassLive.com.

His remarks wouldn’t really be notable, except that Williams was speaking at a menorah lighting ceremony, to mark the beginning of Hanukkah.

“I thought it added something to the service, it didn’t take away,” Williams, who is not Jewish, told MassLive.com on Tuesday night.

I’ll let reporter Conor Berry take it from here, because … uh, well, you’ll see:

The city councilor said he referenced Jesus Christ, whose birth is celebrated every Dec. 25 by Christians worldwide but not by Jews, after participants in the ceremony mentioned “the bright light” of 2,000 years ago — an allusion to Christ, according to Williams.

“They said it,” Williams said.

The councilor said his remark wasn’t meant as an expression of religious superiority or “dominance,” but rather as a simple reminder about the “reason for the season.”

“Jesus was Jewish,” Williams said. “To me, Jesus is the messiah … I thought I was being very positive.”

I'm impressed that they were even that close to getting an effective warning out.

aiw said:
http://www.wral.com/nc-now-9th-largest-state-sc-has-growth-spurt/14304228/

NC 9th largest state in terms of population.

Ugh...

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom